30th July 2042

*Picture is of Dylan

I arrive out the front of the house at 5am. It's barely light, yet I can see a small glow through the window; someone was waiting for me, well it was meant to be us. I get out of the car lazily, my eyes drooping. I take a deep breath, slowly walking to the front door. I didn't have the energy to knock or open it myself.

"Hello?" I called. I heard some footsteps, then Sam opened the door, smiling at me.

"Thank god." He said, wrapping his arms around me. He pat me on the back a few times, but then froze. I knew he had realised there was no one behind me. "W-Where's Harper?" he whispered, pulling away softly.

"They – they still have her but don't worry; I'm going back for her." I stuttered.

"Is she okay?" he asked. From the looks of it he was the only one awake; thank god. "Luis?"

"She's fine." I nodded. I hadn't remembered the reason she was screaming before now. I shivered, trying not to show my angst. Wren, Aaron, Fabian and Jack – touching her. I felt sick. I wasn't going to tell him about it.

"Okay." He nodded. "We'll just go back for her when everyone is awake, and you can get some rest -"

"I'm coming with you." I interrupted.

"You've done enough mate." He said.

"No – I need to go back to get her –"

"I don't think Harper will mind." He clapped me on the arm. "You got out for help; be proud of that."

"I should have brought her with me – but they would've killed us both."

"Luis, you can sit this one out, seriously, you've done great." He said.

"I'm coming." I yelled. He took a deep breath, nodding slowly.

"I knew you were going to do that." He sighed. "Fine, but go get some rest."

"I'm fine." I tried to smile. "Get everyone up, we leave in an hour."

"You might want to brace yourself though." He said.

"Why?" I asked.

"You left my sister behind; how do you think Dylan and Margo are going to react?"

"Oh right." I nodded as we walked into the house.

+++

I smiled as Amelia hopped down the stairs toward me. She looked better; much better actually. It was good to see her moving, even though she was shot only 4 days ago.

"There's my superstar." I said getting off the couch and helping her on the last step.

"How'd it go?" she asked looking around, obviously for Harper.

"Not so well." I shook my head, my voice going quiet. "They got Harper."

"Is she okay?" she asked.

"I think so but I honestly don't know." I shrugged. "She was in the room next to me so I had no way of seeing."

"You going back?" she asked. I could tell she didn't want me to leave again.

"I have to; I promised her." I smiled softly.

"Can't you sit this one out?" she asked.

"I can't leave Harper." I said. "It's my fault she's there."

"You can't keep blame yourself." She sighed. "You've blamed yourself once before now move on."

"They wanted to know where Chicago was or they said they'd shoot Harper." I looked her in the eye to see alarm.

"What did you tell them?" she raised her eyebrows.

"I told them we were from Phoenix." I said. "But they had just been in Phoenix so they knew I was lying. They covered both our heads with bags and shot their gun at nothing, making us both believe they had killed the other."

"How did you know they hadn't?" she asked.

"I could hear Harper – screaming in pain." I whispered; a sharp pain in my chest. I looked up at her to see she had looked away, her mouth slightly open. "They were – violating her." I added my vice so quiet I couldn't believe Amelia heard it. She covered her mouth, her other hand clutching her stomach. "I can still hear them." I whispered, making her look at me.

"D-Don't blame yourself." She said raising her hand to cup my face. "You did the right thing; you lied to protect your community rather than protecting yourself."

"What if we get there and she's dead?" I asked. "Then can I blame myself?"

"Oh Luis." She said, lowering her hand from my face. "No matter what happens, I won't ever blame you for this." I smiled softly, my eyes moving to the person standing behind her. Dylan stood there, a livid look on his face.

"Amelia; I think you should move." I whispered, and she looked behind her to see Dylan standing there. She hopped out of the way, sitting down on the couch to rest her leg. "Dylan we're going back -"

"You just left her there?" he yelled. "By herself?"

"I had no choice!" I yelled.

"Whoa whoa guys!" Noah said running down the stairs.

"I'm going to hit you so hard." Dylan smirked stepping towards me, but luckily Noah stepped in front of him.

"You heard him; we're going back." he said. He took a deep breath, looking past Noah and at me.

"He's not going." He spat.

"I'm sorry but I have to." I said.

"You have no place going on that rescue mission." Margo hissed coming down the stairs. I sighed, crossing my arms.

"Look I know you guys care for your sister, but so do I..."

"Just like you care for me, Sam and Jackson." Dylan scoffed interrupting me. "You just see us as people to keep you and your family behind."

"No I don't!" I yelled.

"Look, I agree with Dylan that you should sit this one out." Noah said. "Not for the reason he has but because you're obviously sleep deprived."

"But -"

"You're going to have to let go of your status right now and let other people tell you what to do." Noah interrupted me. "Back down Luis." I looked over at Amelia, who nodded slightly.

"Fine." I shrugged, turning towards the stairs.

"Okay, we leave in half an hour, get your bags ready." Noah said behind me. I smiled as I began the stairs; I may not be allowed to go, but that isn't going to stop me. I'll find a way, I always do.