Heart-Shaped Box

*Gerard's POV*
We just sat there for a while, our foreheads pushed together, just breathing heavily. I opened my eyes and I saw Frank staring back at me. Even in the dim moonlight I could still see his beautiful hazel orbs swimming with energy, adoration and lust. Frank smiled sheepishly and my heart fluttered heavily. I reached out and stroked Frank's cheek with the back of my hand.

"I meant what I said... You're beautiful..." I mumbled. Frank smiled softly and stared into my eyes.

"Well.. You are too..." Frank replied softly. I blushed in the dim light, and then I felt a cold drop on my skin. I flinched and leaned backwards.

"Did you feel that?" I asked

"What are you-wait... Fuck it's raining!" Frank  exclaimed.

"Shit! We gotta get back to the car!" I replied.  "Frank, you first again." Frank pushed himself up and he climbed down the ladder. I followed after him and on the last two steps I slipped. I yelped but Frank caught me before I hit the ground.

"Woah, you okay Gee?" He asked.

"I'm fine.." I answered. He started to shift away. "Wait! Let's just stay like this?"

"But Gee! It's gonna be pouring soon!" Frank whined.

"What, are you scared of getting your hair wet?" I giggled. Frank scoffed and shook his head. "Well, good cause I am." I pushed myself up and out of Frank's arms.

"What was the point of that if you were gonna get up anyway?" Frank questioned.

"You were warm, I was cold. It was nice. But then you started to complain so it wasn't as nice." I answered. I took Frank's hand in mine and I started sprinting to the car. "C'mon Frank! I was serious! I don't wanna get my hair wet!"

"Ugh, you're ridiculous!" Frank exclaimed.

"And yet, you still like me." I reply. I looked over my shoulder and I grinned through the curtain of small rain drops falling from the sky. Frank just shook his head and smiled softly.

"For some reason I do, a whole lot." Frank answered. I looked away to focus what's in front of me and I smiled.

"At last! The car!" I cried. I unlocked the doors and we both climbed in.

* Frank's POV*
    I sighed and leaned back into the seat, feeling my clothes begin to stick to my skin and shivering because of the cold moisture on my skin.

"Cold?" Gerard asked. I nodded quietly and Gerard flicked a bright strand of wet hair out of his eye. "Well, I don't have any towels or whatever handy, so you're gonna have to suck it up."

"Thanks. Best first date ever." My words drenched with sarcasm. Gerard rolled his eyes and started the car. "Who's house is closer to here?"

"Most likely mine. You wanna hang out until the storm's over?" Gerard asked, keeping his eyes on the road.

"Sure I'd love too." I giggled. Gerard glanced for a second in my direction and he smirked.

"Frankie boy, remember what I said, you have to take me out to dinner first. I don't do that on the first date..." Gerard smiled slyly. I blushed and stumbled on my words.

"I-no.. I-uh didn't mean that..." I blushed harder. Gerard looked over at me again and he smirked. "D-damn it, Gerard... Shut up.."