Three: Patience, love.

Zoey's pov:

Woah, what's happening right now? Someone slap me hard please.

There he stood, waiting for my response to his confession. What am I supposed to say? I was still in shock and my brain trying to process what he just said.

"I love you Zoey, always and forever."

Damn, forever is a long period. Oh my god, I think he's for real.

"Zoey? Are you still with me? Please, say something," Aiden asked softly as he pulled my right hand into his muscular arms.

"I...I don't know what to say Aiden. This is too overwhelming."

"It's okay, take your time. Come, let me send you home. You must be very tired right now," he said softly but I can hear a tint of sadness in his voice.

Aiden's pov:

After the confession, I waited impatiently for Zoey to say something but there was only silence. My heart raced so fast when I pulled in to kiss her and I can still feel her lips tingling on mine, god I want her so bad.

" Zoey? Are you still with me? Please, say something," I asked her softly although my heart was screaming for her to want me too.

Her lips quivered and she finally said, " I...I don't know what to say Aiden. This is too overwhelming." Her face was unreadable but there was a glint of gladness in her eyes. I was disappointed by her answer but I'm not going to force her if she's not ready. I want her to love me sincerely and genuinely, not by force. Though I would prefer her in my arms in bed right now and snuggling in her scent, it's better to have her away from me for now so she could just have time to think of what I've just said with peace.

As soon as we reached her place, I pulled her facing me just when she was about to get out.

"Zoey, no matter what happens after this remember one thing. My feelings will never change for you and if one day you decide to accept me, I'd be there with my arms wide open."

I kissed her forehead one last time and said goodbye before closing the car door.

Zoey's pov:

I was shocked and touched by his gestures with the short and sweet kiss on my forehead before I said my goodbye. I'm glad he did not force me to give him a response back as I recall on what he said back at his house. My heart skipped a beat everytime I remember his lips pressed against mine softly as his hands traveled my sides. I shook my head and went upstairs straight to the comforts of my bed as sleep overcomes me and dreamt of Aiden's charming smile that has slowly melted into my heart.