The Only One.

3 years later.

Aiden's pov:

"Did you see Mr Aiden today? Oh my god, he looks hot in black"

"Heck, he looks hot in everything"

"Eh, I heard he is still single. Why don't you go give it a try Sammy?"

"I would love to but he never laid eyes on any girls. They said he used to be with this woman but she ran away and since then on he never went out with another lady"

"Aren't you three supposed to be working right now?"

"Sorry Mr Aiden" said the three in unison as they ran off to their desks. I shook my head and walked back to my office. I know there had been rumors spreading after Zoey ran away 3 years ago but I let it slid every time I hear someone mentioning about it. It's not that I've not tried finding her, I've tried almost everything and anything that I could to find her but she disappeared like a ghost. Where are you Zoey?

Every day I have to force myself to be happy when on the inside I was a mess. I miss her eyes, her laugh, her soft skin. I miss how my arms wrap around her perfectly as if they were made for her. The memories with her are the ones that kept me going, giving me hope that one day I will meet her even if it takes 100 years and I've made up my mind that she will be my one and only till the day I breathe my last breath. As I reminisce the days I had with her, I heard a knock on the door.

"Mr Aiden, you have a client meeting in 10 minutes. Should I ready one of the meeting rooms?"

"Yes please and thanks. I'll be up in a minute" I picked up my coat and some files before heading out to meet my new client. I've been working as a CEO in one of the most established clothing line and this new client had been interested in working with my company alongside hers. I entered the meeting room and immediately this familiar scent tickled my nose.

Impossible.

She turned around and gasped, shocked and speechless as I was.

"Aiden"

"Zoey", we both said in unison. I can't believe after years I finally meet her. I dropped everything and immediately hugged her.

"I've missed you so much Zoey."

She tried pushing me away but I held on tighter, "Don't ever think I'm going to let you go. You've ran away twice. This time I'm not letting you go easily."

"Aiden, please. I..." I kissed her lips, silencing her and her struggles finally stopped as she give in to the kiss. I know deep down she still loves me as she did 3 years ago. As I break away, I then realized something different about her.

"You look smaller. How much weight had you lost?"

"Hey, that's a sensitive question but yeah I did lose some weight. How are you?"

"I've been a mess since you left"

"I'm sorry," she said softly.

I shook my head, "No, it's my fault for letting you leave. All I ever wanted since then was for you to somehow magically appear in reality because I'm sick of only seeing you in my dreams and I hope this is not a dream. Pinch me please"

She pinched me hard on the arm, "Hey, that hurts!" 

"At least you now know I'm real"

"Yes. Dreams do come true. Don't ever leave me again. Promise?"

She gave me the warmest and the most sincere smile ever, "I promise."

"Why did you leave?"

"I never meant to but the day I saw you with that woman, my heart broke and my mind went wild. All I wanted was to run away. I couldn't stand watching you with her"

My heart dropped when I saw her eyes, I saw the hurt she must have felt back then. She's been suffering too. I lifted her face towards me, "I never wanted anyone else but you. It's always been you since the first day I had my eyes on you"

"I've loved you 3 years ago and I still love you now. You thought me what love truly is and I'm sorry for being such a douche back then"

"Shh. It's okay. As long as you're here with me, I'm happy"

"Ehem, sorry. Would you both like some coffee or tea?"

I turned around and remembered my secretary had been there since I entered. Ah shit. Zoey was blushing mad and I tried to regain my serious face on, "Tea please" I said softly. She nod and finally left the room. 

"Now every one is going to find out"

"That's good. I want everyone to know the woman who stole my heart"

She let out a hearty laugh and then on I knew, she's definitely the one.