Little Surprise

Aiden's pov:

I woke up when I felt something heavy hits my face to see that it was Zoey's arm and gently pulled her arm embracing her in a cuddle, placing my face in her hair which smelt just like her as she snuggled into me with quiet breathing escaping her plump soft lips. She looked so beautiful with her slightly tousled hair. As I neared my face to hers inhaling her scent her eyes opened up wide and she quickly pecked my lips then smiled shyly towards me.

"Oh you're quiet naughty this morning," I tickled her slightly.

"S..top!" she was breathless by the time I was done tickling. I laughed as she hit me with her pillows directly into my face. "I'm going to go take a long shower," she said and slowly stripped before walking into the bathroom not forgetting to wink at me.

"Damn that girl" I muttered and quickly left the room before my wild side comes out which is screaming to pull the bathroom door down and join her right now. I decided to get us both some breakfast at the nearest cafe which serves the best donuts and tea's in town. As I was waiting for my order, my phone rang and took it out, "Zoe" and answered it on the third ring.

"Hey babe, missed me?"

"Not a chance. Where are you by the way?"

"Buying us both breakfast at the nearest cafe. Is there anything you'd like?"

"Oh alright, no thanks just hurry up. I'm starving here!"

I chuckled, "Okay babe, will be there in 15 mins"

"Aiteeeee, see ya!" she hung up and I slip my phone back into my pocket. As soon as my order was done, I quickly leave the cafe and head towards the hotel. I was about to cross the road when I felt a tap on my shoulder and I literally gaped at the person. "Joan? What are you doing here?"

" I was wondering the same thing. I was just about to leave for New York. How've you been babe?" as she pulled me in for a hug. I was so surprised that I didn't realize we were in that position for too long. I snapped out and pushed her gently but with firmness. "Sorry Joan, we can't do this. I have a girlfriend right now and I love her. More than you could ever imagine."

"Who? You mean that fat woman? Pft. Why would you choose her over me Aiden? She's a nobody," she folded her arms and looked at me with such cockiness.

"That woman is the most beautiful and amazing person and you don't have the right to say those things about her and for the record I never choose you. It has always been her," I glared at her as she shifted.

"If your father was here, he would definitely ask you to throw that fat ass out of your life. We were supposed to get married babe. You and me, not that fatty and you."

"That's between me and my father. I don't care what you both think, she's the only one I'll ever marry. Goodbye Joan. I hope I never will see your face again."

"Oh boy, we'll be meeting before you even realize that. You'll see what I'll do babe," she smirked before walking towards me and pecked my lips. "What the..." she let out a laugh and looked up, "I hope she enjoyed watching our little drama down here. Adios my love," she wave and blew a kiss before entering the limo and left. 

I looked up seeing Zoey looking down at me from the balcony, without any emotions on her face. Oh god. Please, no. Running towards the hotel, I bumped into some people apologizing in a hurry as I pressed the lift button to our room. As soon as I reached the room, Zoey was gone. Her stuff was still there but she was gone.

"Zoey? Babe? Where are you? Please please don't leave me please," I whispered softly as I called out her name again and again. I entered the bedroom and saw a piece of paper lying on top of the dresser.

"Dear Aiden, this is probably the best for us. I'm leaving. I don't know when I'll be back but for now, we need time. I, need time. All the best in life. Love, Zoey."

No, this cannot be happening. This is just a dream please say this is not real. I fell on the ground with my knees hitting hard on the tiles and heard a crash. That sound was definitely real. It was the sound of my heart crashing into a million pieces. I picked my phone up and tried calling her number then heard her phone ringing in the room. Oh no no no. Please Zoey don't leave me again. Rushing down to the receptionist, asking every person in the hotel but not one single person have seen her. That was when reality hits me hard. She's gone.

Zoey's pov:

I was waiting for Aiden in the hotel room when I realized the sun was shining a little too bright and thought of closing the curtains a little and that was when I saw Aiden crossing the road. As I was about to shout his name out, a woman tapped his shoulder. She was wearing a short fitting sleeveless yellow dress that really accentuate her slim figure and I was shocked to see her pulling Aiden into a hug. I wanted to scream out to ask her to stop but I was so speechless with what was happening. I was more surprised when Aiden didn't push her away. "What the hell is happening?" I thought. Who is that bitch? It took about a minute or so when they finally pulled away. As they were talking, the woman suddenly went towards him and in a flash she kissed him lightly on the lips. Okay, I am so done with this. I cannot stand this anymore, as I saw him looking up at me and running towards the hotel. I hurriedly went back into the hotel room and made up my mind. After leaving him a short note, I called and booked the earliest flight back home that day. I ran out taking only my purse and my coat. As I reach the reception area, I informed her to not tell anyone they've seen me leaving, nodding at me and hurriedly left the hotel. Running down the street, I caught a cab on the way and told him to send me to the airport straight away. That was when I finally felt tears sliding down my cheeks. I'm sorry Aiden, we're just not meant to be.