Chapter One

Phil P.O.V.

"Now where could my little Rosalie be." I say looking under the sofa. I hear a soft little giggle above me and lift my head up and looked to the ceiling.

"You little monkey get down here."I said reaching out to get her.

She jumped down and ran away giggling.

"Oh no you don't." I say chasing after her.

It's been a month since we've brought Rosalie home and she's all ready three years old. Maria told me it was because where she came from the children grow faster. She has my brown hair and her mothers violet coloured eyes, that were being covered up by brown colored contacts.

"Gotcha." I say picking her up and  throwing her up in the air.

"Higher daddy, higher."she says smiling down at me.

The front door opens and we both turn our heads.

"Mommy."she says.

She jumps out of my hands and runs over and hugs her mothers legs.

"Hey."Maria says.

She puts the grocery down and picks her up.

"Have you been good for daddy."she adds. Rosalie nods her head.

"Good. Now that I'm home who wants to practice their powers?"she asks.

"Me! Come on daddy, come and watch me." Rosalie says holding her hand out to me. 

I was about to take it when my phone started ringing in my pocket.

Maria P.O.V.

"Me! Come on daddy, come and watch me."Rosalie said holding her hand out to Phil.

His phone started ringing in his pocket. He takes it out of his pocket and answers it.

"Hello." he said. He looked at me and Rosalie, then at the ground.

"I'll be right there." he says hanging up the phone.

"Daddy?" Rosalie was still holding out her hand. He sighed then looks at me.I nod in understanding.

"Rosie, daddy has to go to work, maybe he can watch you another time okay." I say.

She drops her hand down to her side.

"But daddy is always at work, why can't he just stay home with me and you mommy?"she asked me.

"Where daddy works he has to stay there for a long time. And he's not allowed to have a family--"

"But he has a family, me and you." she says cutting me off while getting out of my arms.

"Yes, but they don't know that."

"Well, why don't they?"

I sighed. I bend down to her eye level.

"Because if they know that means that other people, bad people can find out and they could use us to hurt daddy, and he doesn't want that, and neither do I so that's why they don't know."I say.

"But can't daddy just not go? Then nobody will know and the bad people won't use us to hurt daddy."she says.

"It's not that easy sweetie, he can't just not go."

"Why not?"

"Its complicated." Phil says finally speaking up.

"It's also because me and you are special. And if they find out about us there's going to be a lot of questions that they're going to ask, and they are going to make you have to go through tests. Daddy didn't want that for me and I don't want that for you."I said.

"I don't understand. I'm confused."she said.

"Don't worry it will make more sense when you get older."I say.

"I have to go, sorry I can't stay and watch you sweetie."Phil says.

"Its okay daddy."she say giving him a hug.

When she lets go he walks over to me.

"See you soon."he says.

I give him a kiss on the cheek then pull him in for a hug.

"Be safe."I tell him as I let go.

Phil nods his head the walks passed me then out the door.

"Now, how about we practice."I say  looking down at Rosalie.