Chapter Eight

RosalieP.O.V.

I was having a nightmare but then the nightmare went away and I had another dream,no not a dream a memory.

"Dad where are we going?"I asked turning towards my father.I was 13 and it was a few months after I came to S.H.E.I.L.D. and we were driving in my dads car somewhere. 

"New Mexico sweetie,but we're on business."he said.I nod my head and turned and looked out the window.The longer we continued to drive the more the sun went down until it was night.My stomach rumbled.

"Dad can we stop and get a snack?"I asked putting my hands over my stomach. 

"Sure I'm hungry too,and I need to get gas any way."he said sending a smile as my stomach rumbled again.Up ahead was a gas station with a little store. My dad parked the car and we got out. 

"Go in I'l be there in a minute."he said.

I walked towards the store and went inside.There as only one person working in here and it was a lady. I went towards the back as my dad came into the store. I grabbed a grape soda and got a bag of Cheetos before going over to my dad who was crouched down eying the packaged donuts. He pick to different kind up and looked at them both. I heard the door open and me and my dad both looked up when we heard a clock of a gun.

"HANDS UP DON'T MOVE!"a man said pointing his shot gun at the woman at the cash register.There were two of them.

"Stay down."my dad whispered to me.I did as he said and hold my chips and soda to my chest while I sat down on the floor.

"Who else is here?Who owns that car outside?"one asked the lady.

"I do."my dad said standing up.One of the men pointed his gun towards him.

"But it's really more like a lease."my dad said stepping to the side.

"Toss the keys over  here."

"Alright,okay"my dad said putting his hand in his pocket and taking out the keys.He threw them over to the man who caught them.

"Empty the cash register,start filling this bag,cigarettes,pack-"

"Excuse me,I also have this gun you'll probably be needing that."my dad said. I looked up at him with my mouth open.Did he really just do that?

"Put it down!RIGHT NOW!"The two men started yelling.

"Okay don't want any trouble."my dad said.

"Toss the piece over here man."

"I prefer not to trow it and risk the gun accidentally going off,maybe I can slide it over?"my dad asked.I pecked to the side a little and saw the men both look at each before looking back at my dad.

"Yeah slide it over to my feet,don't try anything funny."

"Okay,I'm just going to move over to this side and I'm going to slide it over to you."my dad said.

He moved past me and to the other side.He bent down and slide the gun over to the man and when he went to grab it my dad grabbed a pack of flour and threw it at the other guy's face.He ran up to the other guy and jumped in the air and kicked it down and the gun went off making a whole in the floor.He took the guy's gun and hit them both in the face knocking them out. 

"Wow."I said.I got out off my spot and walked up to my dad. He got the keys out of one of there pockets. He put the gun up on the counter while I put my chips and soda up.

"Sorry for the mess."my dad said to the lady.He pulled out the two packages of donuts out of his pockets and put them on the counter.

"I couldn't decide."he said. He put the money on the counter.The lady looked at the money,me and then my dad.

"Keep the change."he said.We grabbed are stuff off the counter.

"Wait,what should I tell the police?"the lady asked. I looked at my dad.

"Tell them those tae-bo tapes really payed off."he said.We left the store and head back to the car.My dad put the pump back and got back in the car.I stared at him as we drove away and he sent me a funny look.I took a sip of my soda.

"What?"he asked.I took anothr sip of my soda and then put the cap on.

"THAT.WAS.AWESOME!!!!YOU JUST WENT AND THREW THAT FlOUR AT THAT GUYS FACE AN HE WAS LIKE WOOOOW!!AND YOU DID THAT JUMP,AND WHEN YOU PULLED OUT YOUR GUN AND WAS LIKE 'ESCUSE ME I ALSO HAVE THIS GUN' I WAS LIKE WHAT?AND YOU WERE ALL CLAM AND YOU JUST KICKED THEIR BUT-"my dad put his hand over my mouth.

"Only two sips of soda and your hypper,I think your going have to lay off that stuff ."My dad said.I pushed his hand off my mouth.

"But really dad you were great."I said.

"Thanks."he said.

"Can you teach me how to fight?"I asked.He looked at me and then looked back at the road.

"When we get back,I promise I'll teach you a few things."he said.I nod my head ass a yawn escaped from my lips.

"Night dad."I said getting comfortable in the seat as much as I can.

"Love you sweetie."I heard him say before I went to sleep.

I woke up in my bed with a sigh. "I love you too dad,I miss you."