C A R O U S E L

"Happy is a strange feeling, isn't it? It's a good feeling, but... in order for a good feeling to be good, it has to be happy."
The girl spoke in riddles, but it was just the way she was. Anyways, those riddles, he had to admit, were part of the reason he walked up to her that first day by the carousel.
He saw a teenager, a girl bigger than the rest, riding the carousel and laughing out loud. Some part of his brain just had to inquire, and so he asked her why such an old girl was riding a carousel. And she replied, with a open smile on her face, "Because I will find exactly who I want to find - a curious, confident type who will walk up to the full-grown girl on the carousel and ask why. And now that I've found you, I must ask, are you willing to ride the carousel with me and make a complete fool of yourself?"
He had at first been at a loss but then he saw her waiting grin and he agreed, quickly hopping up and picking his steed of metal and gold.
And when the carousel spun and the outside world blurred, the girl'a riddles were not shaken loose.
Then when they both left the carousel the girl looked up at him and giggled. "I've been sitting here all afternoon waiting for someone like you to ask me why I'm on a carousel."
And so he smiled back and replied.
"I've been waiting my whole life to meet a girl like you who's light and silly enough to ride a carousel."