Chapter 6 It's just another mission

Hello everyone
That's the sixth part of my story and it's dedicated to VERTIIIGO one of my besties in Wattpad :) :)

I don't want to say something else.
Enjoy the new chapter and HAPPY READING!!!!!!!!!

Diana's POV

We went to the kitchen. Batman made us coffee, he put it in two cups and we sat down to the kitchen table to drink it. Surprisingly, no one was there. Except the two of us of course. We were slurping our coffee without saying a word. Even though he was trying to hide it, he was embarrassed about last night. I was embarrassed too. But with a mysterious fact, I was happy too. And I wasn't surprised about it. Anyways, I loved him. I had my suspicions that I was in love with him from the first time we met. But after our dance in Paris, I was sure about it. Even though he was dressed in a suit and was Bruce Wayne, it was not difficult for me to recognise him. And I really don't understand why he didn't tell me that. Maybe he thought that I could not keep his secret. But I do and I am sure he knows that too. Anyway, when I told him that I know who he is when he was in the Bat costume he refused that. I will never understand him. Also, I will never forget his touch, his sparkling ocean blue eyes, his flirtatious smile and his handsome face. This night will be unforgettable to me and I wish to be more like it in the future. But I know they will not............. But last night was so perfect....... I could sense the gentle touch of his hand in my hand, I thought I was dreaming but when I saw him in the morning, I was so happy......
-Princess, can you hear me? I heard his voice and got out of my thoughts.
I looked directly at his eyes. I really don't know how long I was lost in my thoughts.
-Sorry, I was thinking of something. Can you repeat what you said?
-You know I hate repeating myself but I will make an exception because I owe you that. I didn't let you sleep well yesterday, he told. I could sense his embarrassment. Something that made me smile.
-Don't worry. I slept pretty good.
The only difference is that my dreams came true..... to be honest it was the best night of my life......
Now, what did you say when I was distracted? I asked him with innocence.
-Nothing important. I just asked you whether you like the coffee, he answered me casually.
-The coffee is good. I don't have any complaints, I told him and smiled.
-I am glad to hear that, he said and took a slip of his coffee never breaking eye contact with me.
-You know..... he started telling me but he cut in the middle of his words because of something. A noise. A familiar noise. It was the alarm. We stood up and rushed to the Monitor Room giving up our cups on the table. When we arrived at the Monitor Room, we found all the League already here. We told "good morning" quickly. Then J'ohn spoke.
-So you can see, Joker is beck from Arkham Asylum and is threatening to destroy the City of Gotham if we don't go and stop him, he told calmly.
-We have our arms tied, John commented. 'Don't forget that Lex Luthor is the New President'.
-In case you forgot, yesterday we told that we will continue our jobs as superheroes until Luthor makes his first move. Until then, we just wait and work as superheroes, Hawkgirl said with frustration and anger.
-I agree with Hawkgirl, Superman stated.
-Okay. So, what do we do? John asked.
-The mission is complicated. I think that six of us will go to Gotham to stop Joker and one of us will stay in Monitor Duty, J'ohn answered casually.
-I don't think so. Gotham is my city. I will not allow no one else to it except me, Batman said.
-Yes, but I think so. This is a huge emergency, if we don't stop Joker, he will destroy Gotham and after he will destroy whatever he wants. I will not agrre with you. Admit it, you need us, I said with a loud but as calm as I could voice.
Surprisingly, he calmed.
-Okay. I guess it's just another mission. You can come to my city. But who will stay on Monitor Duty? He asked with his usual coldness.
-I will stay. I have a small headache, so it would be better if I wouldn't take part to this mission, Flash said and sat to the chair of the Main Computer.
-Okay, Flash. I guess we should go now, Superman said.
We simply nodded. We turned to leave.
-Good luck. You will need it, we heard Flash saying.
-Thank you, John answered.
We took our seats to the Javelin. Batman and I sat on the driver's seats. We fastened our belts, switched the wngines on and took off..............
I guess it's going to be a very long day.............
It's just another mission....
What could go wrong?????

######################

END OF CHAPTER 6
I HOPE YOU LIKED IT
PLEASE VOTE AND LEAVE A COMMENT
I WILL UPDATE NEXT WEDNESDAY
UNTIL THEN HAVE A GREAT WEEK MY DEAR READERS