Chapter 7 Nothing is stable

Hello
That's the new chapter and is dedicated to DeviReed and batmanxwonderwoman.

I don't have something more to say, so enjoy it and HAPPY READING!!!!

Batman's POV (At last)

The way down to Gotham felt like an eternity to me...
I couldn't wait to exit the Javelin, to land on the ground floor, to not be so close with Diana as I was now.......
So, even though the trip was only twenty minutes, I felt like it was twenty days..... no.... twenty years......
I avoided eye contact with Diana... even though she was trying to open a discussion with me, I was answering laconically showing that I don't want to speak....
How did I dare to do something like that?! I slept with her in the sofa of the Watchtower?! It's unpredictable....
I really don't know how I did tha..... The sure thing is that I fell asleep first. If she had fallen asleep before me, I could have sensed it and let her sleep by moving to another place to sit. Maybe the empty chair behind the armchair where J'ohn was sitting......
I shook my head..... How can I think of it now? Now.... when the Joker is in Gotham and threats to destroy the whole city......... If only I could have a cold bath................ Something that makes me force myself to concentrate on my mission and only my mission.... But that seems impossible when she is next to you.... when she looks at you with these blue ocean eyes..... Sometimes when I look at her eyes, I think I can see the Aegean Sea.......
How can you concentrate on anything else when you have this god -blessed beauty starring at you and waiting for response????
And then you hear that voice..... the vouce that leads you in everything you do since the day you decided to accept this mission...... the voice of the Avenger....... the voice of the Dark side...... the voice of the Bat.....
"We have a mission. This is too important to allow any distractions... Diana is just a priceless friend and nothing else... and so she stays... she will never become something less or something more than a friend... So, focus on your work and forget anything else that you are thinking of"
This demanding voice could not be denied......
So, I did what it told for one more time........
I forgot everything that I was thinking of and focused on my work...
At last I tried.... But her image never left my mind.... I was ready to give in and look at her, when Green Lantern spoke with a bored voice....
-I have got bored of this guy..... He always bother us with his evil plans.... I wonder how you,Batman, have the courage to hunt him all these years of "knowing" each other.......
-I really don't know. But I can't think of brooding when it comes to the Joker..... he is insane. And insane means unstable. To be honest nothing is stable, I told with a dark and low tone of my voice.
-I will agree with you. I know how is for someone to be unstable, John said starring intently at Hawkgirl. She notices that.
-If you have something to say, say that directly, she told him with fury and anger.
-You know exactly what I mean, John answered with challenge.
So, they started fighting. I gave up paying attention to them and concentrated to the Javelin's handle bars.
Diana was trying to do the same........
Clark was trying to calm John. And J'ohn was trying to calm Hawkgirl. They looked like they didn't managed anything. Diana slapped her face with her palm in disappointment and unbearing.......
That was that infuriated me.... I stood up and walked to them.
-Enough! In case you don't know, we are in a mission to save the world. An insane killer in threating a city. If you want to fight, you can do that when this is over. But now shut up and sit to your seats without a word!
I yelled at them... no... I barked at them and returned to my seat.
Diana was looking at me with impression, surprise and a bit of pride. It was like she was proud of me that I solved this little problem.....
-Well done, she whispered so only I could hear her and smiled.
-I did the right thing. They were unbearably annoying, I whispered back.......
So we continued our trip to Gotham. I tried to focus on my work but the feeling of her staring at me was beyond my powers. When I decided to stare at her too, I realised that she had turbed her head and as I could see from the window, she was blushing. That made my heart jump a bit. But I hid it. As usual..........
-We should be ready for everything. The Joker had a fight with me three months ago. I was worried about his absence. That means that he is prepared for something big. Something that I don't know what it looks like. That's why we should be ready for everything, I warned them.
We continued our trip and didn't exchange a word before we landed to the streets of Gotham.
-I can hear explosions, J'ohn said.
-That means that we are not far from our aim, Diana said.......

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
END OF CHAPTER 7
I HOPE YOU LIKED IT
PLEASE VOTE AND LEAVE A COMMENT
I WILL UPDATE NEXT WEDNESDAY
UNTIL THEN HAVE A GREAT WEEK