Chapter Twelve

I began walking up the steps of the underground prison, happy to be away from the dark gloomy environment in the pack prison.

Making my way through the trees, I could hear the footsteps of Blaine trailing after me.

He quickly caught up and we silently walked back to the house both deep in our own thoughts.

I had many questions to ask, I wanted to know everything about what happened today plus we still needed to discuss our previous argument about birth control. And to be honest, it's a discussion that I'm dreading to have with him.

Blaine likes to believe that everything he does whether its life destroying or not, is justifiable. That he is able to do whatever he pleases and not have to apologise even when he's in the wrong.

I wondered what Blaine was going to do with Mellissa and her mate. Blaine wasn't a forgiving person, and I may be his mate and his Luna, but he is the Alpha and what he says goes and he always has the last word.

Once we made it to the house, Blaine opened the front door and gently placed his hand at the base of my spine guiding me to his office.

He guided me to his office even though I knew where I was but he still left his hand on my back, wanting to have some form of contact with me.

Even though I was furious with everything that had happened over the past week, I still missed him. I wanted to curse our mate bond and the need to be with him all the time, my wolf was forcing her emotions onto mine making it difficult to decipher if what I was feeling was from me or her.

Both having dominant Alpha genes didn't help either, our emotions are double the average wolf.

The moment we got into his office, Blaine picked me up bridal style and carried me to his chair sitting me on his lap. He snaked his arm around my waist to keep me still and secure on his lap before he turned to open a drawer.

Grabbing a mobile from the drawer he dialled a number while I sat in silence, leaning my head on his shoulder as he put the phone to his ear waiting for the person to answer.

I could hear it ring a few times before the sound of Blaine's Beta Adrian's voice answers with a "Hello?"

"Adrian? Why aren't you answering me through the mind link?" Blaine questioned in a demanding tone, clearly not appreciating his Beta ignoring him.

"Sorry, Alpha. I'm...um, slightly occupied at the moment." Adrian replied. It was clear that he was talking about being in the company of an unmated wolf, maybe even a human.

"Well, I want you in my office in 20 minutes so make it quick." Blaine replied before cutting the phone off without even saying goodbye.

He chucked it onto his desk carelessly before turning his head to face me. "What happened this morning shouldn't have ever happened and I know I need to explain," His tone was serious and firm meaning that this conversation was going to be quick and direct.

"As I was telling you earlier, I've known Mellissa for years since I was a young. Her father was very close friends with mine and when I became a teenager they told us that once we both turned 18 and got our wolves we would mate. My father told me that Mellissa was to be my Luna." Blaine had disgust riddled in his voice as he uttered the last sentence.

"Mellissa has always had a crush on me and at one time we were close friends. I've used the nickname Mel since we were young and sometimes I still call her by it unintentionally. I know, it probably looked awful this morning when she opened the door in my shirt, but I promise you nothing happened and deep down you know that. You would have felt the pain of me mating someone else."