Chapter Twenty One

Blaine's POV:

Gabriel's comment made me internally laugh but I never replied, a dark smirk echoed over my face for a split second before I made my facial expressions blank.

We had an important meeting and I didn't want to hold it off longer than it already had been.

I nodded at Gabriel to follow me and we walked through the kitchen and towards my office. The meeting only consisted of Alphas which is unusual since our Betas are always in our meetings for protection in case of any unprovoked or unexpected attack.

I wasn't the type of Alpha to attack you when you weren't looking or when your back was facing me. I wanted you to know that I was going to take your life away from you.

Four Alphas would be present in this meeting: Gabriel, Benjamin, Tatum and myself.

Tatum had a strong alliance with Pierce – his sister was Pierce's mate which meant that if I was to attack Pierces territory then I would end up having a war with Tatum.

The idea didn't faze me because if anything that would be a gain. I would end up owning more land than I expected and I was more than happy to take it off of his hands.

Opening the door, they were all sitting down making short conversations. I walked in with Gabriel following close behind, I sat down in my chair and Gabriel followed in but I noticed that his face expression changed and a frown echoed on his face as if he was confused while staring at Tatum.

"Ha, no way is that Tatum Storm." Gabriel said with a light hearted laugh.

Tatum chuckled before standing up, they shook hands and by then I was the one completely confused. I didn't know too much about Tatum but I knew he was a strong Alpha and his father had been one of the best when my father was in reign.

"It has been a long time since I've seen you." Tatum said crossing his arms over his chest.

"It has – it must have been at least 10 years." Gabriel replied before taking a seat across the room near to me.

"You know each other?" I questioned, wanting to get on with the meeting as time meant everything and just wanted to get to the point that I was going to invade Pierce's land even if he disagreed. I was shocked when he actually finally agreed to a conversation.

"I've known him since I was born – our families were very close even though we were in different packs." I looked at Gabriel, my eyebrows raising at his answer but I nodded.

"So, we going to get to the point of this meeting?" Benjamin asked making me laugh. He was very much like me, he wanted to get down to the conversation not sit here having catch ups.

"I'm going to put it plain and simple – I want Pierces land and I will have it. I'm not the type to attack you blindly, and I know this will affect the packs around us which is why we're all here today."

"Pierces mate is my sister. If you invade his territory then I have no choice but to go to war with you Blaine. On the east of your territory there is unmarked territory which only belongs to rogues so I don't understand what your business is about when it comes to Stone Warriors territory." Tatum commented with a slight growl.

"It's not personal Tatum, it's business." I replied, my growl even louder than the one he grumbled.

"It's personal to me when you plan to overtake my brother in laws land when my young nephew is there. That is his rightful territory, not yours Blaine."

I was intrigued by his comment as I was not aware that Pierce had a son. I raised my eyebrows at his comment but it still didn't change the matter. "It's not up for discussion on whether I will attack Pierces territory - it's when."