Chapter Twenty Eight

Tatum and Benjamin had both arrived along with a few wolves they brought with them and we were all currently sitting in my father's dining hall as his office was too small to hold the meeting due to the amount of wolves who had arrived with each Alpha.

The atmosphere felt extremely tense, and with so many Alphas in the same room, it was almost too overwhelming.

Benjamin took a seat next to Blaine, with me to the left of him. My mom and dad had both sat on the same side of us while Peirce, Ava and Tatum sat on the opposite side facing us.

Blaine informed me this morning that he had phoned Benjamin last night and had explained the situation we have regarding Maverick.

Benjamin was cautious and made it very clear. "So I've heard that a certain young Alpha is my granddaughters mate." It sounded like a question but came out like a statement and it was aimed at Peirce, his eyes glowing.

Like Blaine, he was concerned that this could be a trick and it wasn't something they were going to accept lightly. There was a possibility that Pierce had encouraged his son into this.

Peirce looked towards us all, his answer aimed at everyone. "We wasn't expecting this as much as you." His tone was stern, I could see his wolf flickering through his eyes. It was clear that his wolf was feeling insulted at the insinuation.

His attention suddenly landed on Blaine's, his question aimed at him. "You honestly believe that I would encourage and force my son to be mated to your daughter?" His voice was low and sounded harsh. "Especially if I have to deal with you." He added.

Blaine growled darkly, feeling disrespected by his question and from the dark look on his face I knew his wolf was lurking just below his control, ready to take over the minute he gave in.

His jaw clenched as his eyes switched to black indicating his anger. "Did you?" Blaine's tone sounded deadly as he raised his eyebrow at Pierce.

Peirce rolled his eyes, as he glared back just as cold. "No Blaine, and I think my last comment said it all."

"We are both as shocked as you are, this was completely unexpected." Ava quickly added as she leaned into Peirce slightly, wanting comfort as the tension in the room intensified. 

"We came here for one reason and that was to discuss this ridiculous plan of yours." Peirce said, his voice sounding nonchalant.

Blaine abruptly stood up, his wolf still fully in control. His breathing was heavy and profound; rage was filling up his chest as he glared down at Peirce who remained calm.

His jaw clenched as he spits out, "And what makes you think that I haven't got wolves minutes away from your territory prepared to attack the moment I give them my command?"

I felt my heart beat quicker as if all my blood had run from my cheeks, I knew what my mate was capable of, and I was concerned by his words. I looked up questionably towards Blaine who continued to stare at Peirce with a teasing smirk plastered on his face.

Peirce instantly stood up growling menacingly at Blaine, his own wolf taking control. Both their bodies were shaking with anger; it looked as if they were both in mid shift.

They stood only a few meters away from each other, only a table situated between them keeping them apart. Blaine had his hands curled into fists as Peirce clenched his jaw.

I reached up, grabbing Blaine's hand which he gripped back but refused to look at me as he stared back at Peirce just as fierce as before.

In the corner of my eye I could see Ava doing the same thing, attempting to calm her mate down but neither Alpha was willing to back down.