Chapter Thirty Nine

The sun was shining brightly in my face, my eyes thankfully shielded by my sunglasses as I sat up. My hands leaning backwards against the soft blanket I had laid down while I watched Blaine attempt to train Maverick next to the lake.

Maverick laid down on his under belly, his paws in front of his small body as he stared up at Blaine who didn't look all too amused.

"Maverick." Blaine scolded, the pup ignoring his instructions as he tilted his head to the side, refusing to move.

Pierce had a discussion with Blaine about Maverick due to him having a power struggle between himself and his wolf. Since Maverick was so young and how rare it was for werewolves to shift before the age of sixteen, he must be trained at a much younger age.

With the usual age of shifting at sixteen, it meant that our wolf were easier to control and dominate and Pierce had been trying to train him for the past week while Blaine only began two days ago.

"Don't make me Alpha command you." Blaine threatened, his tone light but meaning every word. They were trying not to use their Alpha command on him as Maverick needed to learn how to master his own wolf, without being forced by another.

Maverick whined, his little body tired and wanting to play instead as he got up on all fours and ran over to Blaine.

We had been out here since 11 o'clock and my watch was now ticking closer to 1 o'clock. "He just wants to play." I said as Maverick began chasing a rabbit.

"He's paid no attention for the past hour, all he's done is play." Blaine said, his eyes rolling as he stared in Maverick's direction and then back down at his daughter who laid quietly in her Moses basket, hidden beneath the shade.

"He can do 20 more minutes of training then he can do whatever he wants," He stated as he raced towards Maverick, picking him up and dragging him away from the rabbit who managed to burry himself deep into his burrow.

"Leave the rabbit alone." He commanded Maverick as he brought him back over towards me. "20 more minutes and you're done."

I watched on while Blaine and Maverick trained with Maverick following his instructions.

Once they had finally finished the training, Blaine sat down, his arm brushing against mine as we watch on at Maverick who was running all over the place.

Until Maverick suddenly zoomed across the grass, his wolf form bundling across the green towards the lake as Blaine abruptly stood up. Maverick managed to run all the way to the wooden deck as Blaine screamed at him to stop.

"Maverick, stop." Blaine growled in his Alpha tone.

He managed to leap off of the deck before Blaine's command acknowledged in his mind, his body suddenly frozen in mid-air as he dropped straight down and into the water.

I laughed, my belly hurting as Blaine raced towards Maverick, his legs and feet getting wet as he grabbed Maverick by his underbelly, keeping him at arm's length not wanting to get his upper body soaked.

"You never listen." Blaine frowned annoyed, staring at the young pup, carrying him back over to me as I grabbed a towel out of my bag. Blaine had warned me that Maverick had been doing the same thing for the past two day, without fail he would go rushing towards the lake.

The lake was far too deep for him, and he wasn't even able to swim in his human form let alone be able to keep his head above water in his wolf form.

Maverick had a wolfy grin on his face, his human eyes flashing through his wolfs making me roll my eyes at his cheekiness.

Blaine placed him beside me as he sat back down, a frown still on his face as he stares at Maverick, to then roll his eyes. "You look like a wet dog and you smell like one too."

Maverick growled, his wolf not amused at Blaine's comments until he jumped on Blaine getting his clothes soaked. His t-shirt now dripping with water and muddy paw prints.

"You are a pain in my ass-"

"Blaine!" I hissed before he could use any more colourful words in front of the children.

Blaine sent me a teasing smirk in reply as I narrowed my eyes. He moved Maverick off of him before grabbing the towel and throwing it on top of his head. Watching on amused as Maverick struggled to get out of the darkness.

I laughed, shaking my head as I stood up to remove the towel and stopping Maverick's struggle. "Shift Maverick." I commanded and he instantly listened, shifting with me quickly wrapping the towel around his body.

I picked him up, now balancing him on my hip. "We should get them back, Maverick definitely needs a nap." I laughed as he rested his head in the crook of my neck yawning.

Blaine put everything away before carrying our daughter towards the house.

Once Maverick and our daughter were both bathed, dressed and in their own beds. Blaine and I were went into the kitchen to help Lena prepare the food for later, since today was the day we were due to announce our daughter's name and to celebrate her birth with our family.

Blaine had requested help from a few pack wolves to help Lena organise the party since she wanted to prepare the food on her own, forcing us out of the kitchen to get ready.

Everyone was due to arrive in about 2 hours, and thankfully I had already purchased a black dress yesterday when I went shopping with Tilly.

"I'm going to go check on them." Blaine stated as I applied some mascara to my eyelashes, coating them in black. I turned my head and nodded watching as my mate left the room.

Grabbing my dress from my wardrobe, I placed it on the bed when Blaine appeared. "I told you that lock was necessary." He lowly growled as his eyes caught mine. "I found him sleeping in our daughter's cot."

Blaine was unimpressed and the look on his face made my stomach hurt with laughter as I smirked at him. I had forced him to remove the lock on his door since I didn't think it was appropriate to lock Maverick in his room.

"That lock is going back on." He stated seriously. "I also put him back in his own room." I smiled up at him, still entertained at my mate's reaction. "We should go downstairs and help sort out the house." He nodded, grabbing my hand as we walked down the stairs.

An hour went by and we only had an hour until everyone would begin to arrive and I still needed to get Maverick and our daughter up and out of their beds.

"I'll come up with you, I need to grab a few things from my office."

I smiled and we both made our way up the stairs and into our daughters room, once inside I noticed two bodies lying peacefully within my daughter's cot.

I bit the insides of my cheeks, my lips pursing as I avoided Blaine's gaze, not wanting him to see how amused I was at the situation, only to receive a low growl.

I looked up at him, no longer able to hold it in as I laughed watching Blaine roll his eyes in exasperation as he huffed.

He suddenly stopped me, his hands grabbing mine and pulling my body to face his as I frowned waiting for him to speak.

"I don't think I can deal with this for the rest of my life. Do you think I could kill him?" His facial expression looked so serious that I tilted my head to the side with a 'are you kidding me' expression.

"No Blaine." I snorted, rolling my eyes while laughing at him as I ignored his comment. Moving forward towards the children needing to wake them up.

His hand gripped my hand once again enabling me to move. "We don't have to tell anyone, it will be between you and me." A smirk appearing across his features as he winked at me.

I stared at him blankly and within a minute he rolled his eyes at me, with a dejected sigh. "Fine." He muttered, rolling his eyes before sending me another wink before adding. "It's an option, you don't have to decide right now."

***

- Not Edited -

Please Comment and Vote!!