Chapter Thirty Five

Warning this chapter contains violence and strangulation.

Blaine's POV:

My eyebrows furrowed into a deep frown as my mind contemplated and analysed the words that came out of the wolfs mouth.

A dark growl rumbled deep within my chest as it began to get tight from anger. I turned towards Adrian then to Alexis and finally my mate who all stared at me with wide eyes.

"Stay here with them." I ordered Adrian, who quickly moved back into the cell allowing me to slam the cell door shut forcing them all to stay put and unable to leave on their own accord.

Quite frankly, I don't trust Adrian's mate with mine. It all seemed very convenient and predictable that Alexander has chosen this moment to attack and I wasn't about to leave Kennedy alone with a rogue regardless of her mate bond with my Beta.

"Blaine!" Kennedy shouted as I slammed the lock down, staring through the small window trying to capture my attention but I moved back, giving her a quick glance as I rushed out the room.

I grabbed the boy's arm, dragging him behind me as we jogged towards the exit as I gave him orders.

I yanked the door open, and slammed it shut making sure the prison was on full lock down as I typed in a code only Adrian and I knew.

"Go straight to the pack house, you know where the safe room is and help everyone get in there and don't come out until I say so."

The teenager nodded and quickly turned, racing towards the pack house.

After analysing the whole clearing, I shifted into my wolf with him taking complete control. Compelling all my instincts to dominate as I raced towards the clearing, my wolf directing us towards the border.

The temperature outside was crisp, swirls of white leaving my mouth as my paws thundered through the woodland, my paws digging deep into the ground as bolted through the forest.

The stench of rogues had led me in the direction of my house, baffling me as to how they managed to get that far into my territory which only enraged me more.

In the near distance, I saw my house coming into view and as I got closer, the clearing was littered with rogues and my pack wolves as they fought.

The distinct and recognisable smell of death and rotting flesh lingered in the air.

My eyes landed on a large brown wolf and I growled murderously at him, running straight towards him, tackling him onto the ground as my claws extended and ripped across his throat, his blood squirting into my face.

Before I could move, another wolf jumped on me attempting to force me onto my back, but I quickly hunched my shoulders, forcing him onto his. I snarled at him, as I managed to get the upper position, caging his wolf behind mine.

I reached down, gripping his neck between my teeth as I buried them deep as I ripped his throat out, his body going limp beneath me.

I quickly moved off, continuing to fight rogues as I noticed both Gabriel and Peirce in their wolf forms. I dodged a rogue, killing him quickly as I impatiently waited and searched for the scent that I was dying to catch.

Then finally, I caught it.

In the corner of my eye, I spotted Mellissa standing in the distance towards a building, her head ever so often poking out to see what was going on and thankfully she hadn't noticed me.

She looked anxious and it was understandable since their numbers were drastically lowering.

I ignored the fighting around me as I stalked towards her, my focus solely on hers until Alexander suddenly appeared, stopping me in my tracks.