Chapter Thirty One

Blaine's POV:

I stood up, swiftly catching my daughter as Kennedy lost her grip, her muscles going limp as she lost consciousness.

A pack nurse immediately rushed over, reaching out to grab my daughter from my hands as I carefully placed her into her arms.

My chest felt heavy as I stared down at my mate in panic, my heart beating rapidly as I grabbed the standing heart monitor that was monitoring Kenny's heart rate.

Her heart beat was rapidly losing strength as her chest began to rise and fall slowly, the sound echoing through the room, her heart's rhythm slowing and weakening with each agonizing second that went by.  

My head swung to the side at I glared at the pack doctor, "Do something, bring her back!" I growled frustrated as I began walking towards him.

He backed away, trying to move from my line of sight as he quickly moved round the hospital bed. "Alpha, you need to calm down." He ordered weakly, his hands making vulnerable hand gestures as he tried to defuse the situation.

"You're going to bring her back." I stated, my voice deep and husky, taking on a frightening tone as I glared at the pack doctor.

He nodded before slowly moving around me not wanting to startle my wolf. Once he got passed me, he grabbed more wires as he began attaching them to my mate's chest.

I took a few deep breaths, watching his every move fiercely. I knew this wasn't his fault but I was just struggling to keep myself together.

"She's alive Alpha, her body was just unable to handle the pain and so, her brain has forced her system to shut down while it tries to repair itself." I nodded at George's words.

Lena appeared at my side, her hand grabbing the hem of my shirt diverting my attention to her. I had forced myself up with such force when Kenny had lost consciousness that the needle in my hand was sticking out painfully as blood poured out of the open wound.

Being distracted, I hadn't even noticed until Lena grabbed my hand, looking up at me sadly as she delicately removed the needle. Grabbing an antiseptic wipe then rubbing it gently over my open wound.

"Just like you promised Kenny, I promise you that she will be fine." Lena whispered as she looked up at me.

I said nothing, only sending her a small smile as she pulled me into her embrace. I held onto her tightly, her arms wrapping round me as she squeezed me slightly, my arms looping around her shoulders as her head laid on my chest as I looked down at my mate in the hospital bed.

Lena pulled back, looking at me and then at my daughter, who now laid down quietly in an incubator due to being born premature even with her werewolf genes, she was born too early.

Since we don't get our wolves until we're sixteen, we're technically only human meaning that we can still get ill, and although we heal quicker than a normal human our werewolf healing doesn't kick in until we have shifted.

"She's so beautiful Blaine." Lena complimented as she ushered me over.

My daughter was tiny, yet her little features were so beautiful. She looked identical to Kenny, all but her eyes.

She had my mother's deep blue eyes, tiny flecks of white dazzling in between. 

The moment the thought entered my mind, Lena spoke as if she somehow knew what I had been thinking. "She does have Blair's eyes." She nodded, smiling brightly at me.

"She does," I replied, nodding. I took one last long look at my daughter before heading to the door to leave.

"Blaine," Lena's panicked voice entered my hearing as I took a step out the door.