Chapter Forty (Completed)

"Leave my daughter alone Uncle Eli." I frowned with an eye roll watching as my father's Third in Command sat down on the couch, poking my daughter in her cheeks with his index finger while she slept.

Eli turned his head, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Am I not allowed to mess with my Alpha's first grandbaby?"

Words were just forming in my mouth when my father unexpectedly interrupted. "No." He stated as he glared at his Third in Command who only chuckled.

Eli stood up shaking his head after he purposely poked my daughter's cheek one more time before leaving her to sleep. "You're no fun." Eli whined as my father scowled.

Uncle Eli always managed to get away with his childish behaviour with my dad. Within a minute he began teasing my father as he quickly stood in front of him, grabbing his face before poking him on the cheeks and darting off as my dad stalked after him growling.

I giggled watching as my father caught up to him, as Eli tried to dodge his Alpha, his arms lifting up with surrender, a playful pout on his lips.

Maverick was sitting down on the couch, now occupying Eli's seat as he carefully held onto the Moses Basket that laid safely on the couch.

Moving around to sit on the seat next to Maverick, I smiled pulling him close to me as we both admired my daughter, his back against me.

After a few minutes, his head leaned up forcing mine to look down in his direction, pulling back slightly so I could see Maverick's full face.

I raised my eyebrow at him, waiting for his question.

"Can I hold her, I promise not to drop her?" He whispered hopefully, as he waited impatiently for my answer as his eyes never swayed from mine.

Moving round to place Maverick back against the back of the couch, his legs now stretching and in a safer position. I carefully picked her up, placing her into his arms, showing Maverick how to hold her securely as she gently wiggled in his arms making him grin as he held onto her tightly yet with as much care as possible.

"Be careful of her head, be very gentle." I commanded as I sat next to him once again, being cautious and alert.

Within the hour, everyone had arrived and I found myself still sitting on the couch as Ava and Pierce joined us. My siblings racing around the house as my mom helped Lena in the kitchen.

Pierce, Ava and I were discussing their pack when Blaine and Benjamin appeared.

"Stop hogging her," Blaine laughed as he went to grab his daughter from Maverick who whined and frowned at the movement. "You see her all the time." Blaine said before placing her into Benjamin's arms, who seemed surprised but the look quickly faded as he began rocking her gently.

"She's so beautiful." Ava complimented with a huge smile as she looked up at Benjamin who nodded in reply with a grin of his own.

We all laughed except for Blaine who huffed when Maverick began nodding his head frantically.

"Don't forget we still have that option Kenny." Blaine said which I frowned to confused until I remembered his words from the other day as I shook my head amused and turned to Ava and Pierce who both sported confused frowns.

"It's nothing." I smiled, waving it off while Blaine smirked.

Pierce nodded and shrugged his shoulder, changing the subject. "So, what was that thing you wanted to discuss with me or was it supposed to be private and away from listening ears?" 

"Well it wouldn't be a secret now would it," Blaine stated frowning as Pierce smirked. "Not when you always open your big mouth."

Blaine's words made Pierce chuckle and he shrugged again.