Chapter Fourteen

Blaine, George and I were in one room awaiting the results that I already knew. George had just administered a blood test, he injected the needle into my left arm as that was where he was able to find my most significant vein making it easier and quicker for the needle to go in.

Blaine sat in the chair opposite watching intently on everything the doctor did.

"All done." George said as he removed the needle from my arm and cleaned it with an anti-bacteria wipe before placing a plaster over the small wound.

"I just need to analyse the blood and I'll be back, give me 10 minutes." George said before hurrying off to another room.

Blaine and I sat in silence while we waited for George to get back. We sat in comfortable silence until he got back. It was clear Blaine was nervous and on edge.

George finally came back in, and looked at both of us before setting his eyes on Blaine and telling him what I already knew. "The Luna is not pregnant."

A low and small growl emitted from Blaine's mouth. The room stayed quiet for a while, but then he finally got up and moved towards me. He placed a kiss to my forehead, grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the room.

I knew from that small gesture that he was going to leave it as that. Neither one of us wanting to have this conversation again.

A few hours later, Blaine and I were sitting at the dining table when the sound of desperate knocking was heard.

I looked at Blaine confused while he had a frown on his face, he slowly got up and began walking to the front door. I closed down all of my senses apart from my hearing so I could hear whoever was at the door.

Tilly's emotional and heartbroken voice sounded through the room making me run to the door to comfort her. "What's the matter?" I questioned while Tilly sobbed on my shoulder.

She just cried louder and held onto me tighter. I looked towards Blaine and told him I was going to take Tilly upstairs and not to disturb us. He nodded and walked away, back into the kitchen.

"Come on," I whispered as I began to slowly help Tilly up the stairs and into mine and Blaine's bedroom.

"What's wrong?"

"Bryson, he, he-" She stuttered out unable to finish her sentence due to her hiccupping from all her crying.

"Calm down, breathe for a few moments and catch your breath." I told Tilly while rubbing her back slowly.

A few minutes later she had levelled out her breathing and relaxed more.

"I saw him, he, he was kissing another girl." She said hiccupping, tears falling down her face.

I could see the pain she felt on her face, I knew there was nothing I could say to make her feel better so I just cuddled her until she fell asleep. My heart ached to see my best friend hurting because of her mate. It made me wonder how my mother felt when my father did a similar thing.

After cuddling and humming softly, Tilly finally feel asleep, I chucked a blanket over her and quietly left the room, slowly shutting the door hoping not to wake her.

I began walking down the hall and down the stairs, searching for Blaine.

I found him in the living room, relaxing on the couch. He must have sensed me as he spoke without turning around. "How is she?"

"She's okay, she's sleeping at the moment." I said as I sat down next to him. Blaine grabbed my hips and pulled me onto his lap, I placed my head on his shoulder and sighed.