Chapter Thirty Seven

"I'm so sorry Kenny but you won't be able to conceive anymore pups. George tried his best but he had to remove your ovaries due to the silver. You've given me the most precious gift and I couldn't be more grateful for the pup you've given me."

Blaine's words were swirling around my mind repeatedly as his words sink in. My heart hammering vigorously in my chest, my breaths coming out short and shallow.

The pain was indescribable, it felt as if my mate had physically ripped my heart out with his bare hands or drowning me in freezing cold water.

My voice getting caught in my throat, unable to speak as my mind raced, and all I could do was stare blankly at Blaine.

My teeth gripping my lower lip, curling it in as I bite down harshly. My blood running cold as my mind wonders into a different universe.

I opened my mouth to speak yet an invisible hand cupped my mouth forcing my words to be inaudible.

Blaine kept my gaze. His eyes filling up with emotion as he looked at me sadly as he took a deep breathe ending with a sigh, trying to shield his true emotions from me.

I gulped hard as I attempted to hold the tears from falling yet they rushed down my cheeks in quick succession as I began to cry hysterically.

My chest felt heavier with each deep breath I took as Blaine pulled me flush to his chest, wrapping his arms around me as my head buried in between the crook of his neck.

My arms gripping him tightly, the pain in my heart becoming tighter as Blaine tries to comfort me, his grip around me never loosening.

"I'm sorry." He repeated as he rubbed my back soothingly as he continued to hold me for hours until my crying turned into muffled sobs.

My body exhausted as my chest moved up and down slowly, my body getting weaker and weaker as I leaned into my mate, my eyes slowly losing the battle to stay awake.

Blaine shifted slightly, getting more comfortable on the bed as he pulled me to his side, my head laying on his shoulder with my arm slung across his chest as he slowly rocks my body to sleep.

The day slowly turns to night, my eyes forcing shut and willing me into a deep sleep, yet the intense pain never loosened.

*

Days had passed since Blaine informed me of the true extent of my injuries and we had barely spoke since except for a few words.

My heart would squeeze tightly everything I looked at my daughter or at Blaine. Blaine's words constantly playing on my mind and staying there, never giving me a moment to think of anything else.

I was unable to literate or express the devastation I felt, it was a feeling I could not explain. I consciously pushed down my feelings wanting to think about anything over than the fact I could never carrying another baby.

"Ken?" Blaine's voice pulled me out of my thoughts as I looked up in the direction the sound came from.

I nodded awaiting his question as he approached me.

"I need to see George. You mentioned this morning you wanted to come?"

"Yes." I nodded, getting up from the chair I was sitting in to move towards him.

He reached his hand out and I accepted as he led me towards the packs infirmary. I wanted to be presence since George would be removing his bandages today since his hands were badly burned by the silver.

Approaching the infirmary door, Blaine pushed it open motioning me to walk in first. George greeted us both respectfully before gesturing Blaine to sit down as I took the seat beside him.