Annabeth's Flashback

hey guys thank you soooo much for supporting my book this chapter is dedicated  to 

 "I will aid you in this war, learn to use your abilities I am gifting you with. Do not fail me!" I said. Except, it wasn't me. The voice was more feminine and sounded ancient, it seemed to echo across the room.

"Step up Minotaur." I said.

My old enemy stepped forward, trembling in fear. Who was I? When the bull was an arms length away, I closed the distance between us and firmly pressed a pale hand against his chest. Dark shadows spiraled around him and sunk into his skin. He fell to his knees as he writhed in pain. The monsters who were closest to him scrambled back in fear.

Throughout the process, he had his eyes squeezed shut. Now, they snapped open revealing cold, pitch-black eyes.

-Annabeth-

      I peeked into the Zeus cabin to find it neat and tidy as always. 5 of 5, I scribbled onto my inspection sheet. I was inspecting cabins around camp. I felt the hot sunlight burn against my exposed skin. I almost wished Dionysus was here controlling the weather. I realized I hadn't thought about Mr. D in ages! It's been exactly 100 years and 6 days since our war with Gaea, meaning Dionysus has been relieved of his position as camp director.

     The seven (and a few others) were granted partial immortality for their assistance during the war. Chiron, Jason, Reyna, and I elected leaders for the combined camps. I continued to walk but I stopped abruptly in front of the Poseidon cabin, remembering a certain demigod who had once lived in it.

    I fought a lump in my throat as I tried to hold back tears. I bit my lip. I had to be strong, for the sake of camp. I'm their leader, I have to appear strong and confident.

   I stuck my head into the Poseidon cabin door instantly feeling a cool beach breeze blow gently against my face. I sighed sadly walking over to the bunk where Percy used to sleep. I could tell it was his because a minotaur horn hung dejectedly on the wall next to it.

     The Harpys cleaned the cabins every summer, but I bet if they didn't, Percy's bunk would've been untidy, with candy wrappers littering the floor.

       I lifted his baby blue pillow pressing it against my face, hoping to catch a glimpse of his sweet ocean scent. Surprisingly, it was still there-stale, yes, but still there. I breathed in, treasuring the smell. My heart ached. I missed him so much. I missed his dumb comments, his eyes, his smile—everything about him.

      It was like I was missing a piece of myself.

      Where was he? Percy left without a trace. He wasn't in the Underworld... Nico confirmed that. He wasn't in the "overworld" either. It was like the time Hera kidnapped him! Except this time, I know he isn't dead. It's driving me over the edge. I looked and looked, yet found no trace after 70 years. I finally gave up, putting my main focus on being a good camp leader.

      The unfairness of it all is that Percy was exiled for no reason, whatsoever. I closed my eyes. I shouldn't have left for that quest my mother gave me. I should've been the to comfort, defend, or even run away with him! I wasn't there when Percy needed me most...

-Flashback-

    I had just come back from my quest for my mother, Athena. A demigod supposedly kidnapped her sacred owl. It took a whole week to rescue the huge, 2-foot owl (I had to restrain myself from punching it) but it was surprisingly easy to complete my mission, giving me an uneasy feeling.