Just Try

Summary: Based off of this upcoming issue with Louis' dad.

~

"So Louis," the interviewer, Shannon, spoke to Louis, smiling a fake smile as she flipped her long brown hair over her bare shoulder. Louis tried his best not to roll his eyes at how she was trying to hard. "I'm sure you have been aware of the recent news about your father, Troy Austin."

Louis' lips turned into a straight line and he licked his bottom lip, nodding his head without saying a word. Louis had a feeling that this was going to be mentioned in this rubbish interview. Louis has been avoiding any questions about Troy that came his way, and now he had to come up with short answers so this nosey lady could move on to another pointless question.

"I know that you haven't spoken to your father in years, but I'm just curious about how you are feeling with the situation your father has been going through for the past few weeks," Shannon spoke.

Louis shrugged and looked around, catching a glimpse of his boyfriend's worried gaze. This is another issue Louis has been having when it came to trying to avoid anything that had to do with Troy. Harry being Harry, he's non-stop concerned for Louis and he wants him to "open up" his "true feelings" about this whole situation. Louis usually distracts Harry by fucking the concern out of him, and that works like a charm. "I'm not worried about it."

Shannon raised her arched eyebrows at Louis' response, so she decided to start pushing it a bit to try to get something from Louis. "So you're telling me that you don't care about your father's well being?"

That caught all of the boys' attention. Niall and Liam looked at Louis, Harry was ready to speak up to defend his boy, and Louis was ready to choke this bitch out.

"Why would I be concerned for him? He left my mum and I when I was five. He wasn't worried about my well being. Why does he need any special treatment?" Louis didn't want this to happen. He wanted to push away this question with no problems, but this woman is setting him off.

"So you're saying that you have daddy issues and you're holding a grudge against him after all these years?"

Liam spoke before Louis could. "He's not saying that. This is obviously a difficult time for Louis because of the constant pestering about a baby and all of these questions about his father-um...Troy-is just adding on more pressure for him."

Louis gave Liam a barely noticeable nod and looked back at the interviewer, not hiding the imaginary daggers that he was throwing at her. He's so glad that Liam is always around to make peace with the tension in situations like this because he is so ready to jump over Harry's lap to rip Shannon's hair from her scalp. "Yeah, I really don't want to talk about Troy. I have more important things to worry about."

Shannon looked at all four boys for a few moments before nodding her head and moving on. "Alright. Anyways, Niall..."

"Fucking bitch," Louis grumbled as he walked back stage. Louis wanted to get up and just leave, but he knew he couldn't do that, so he just blocked out everyone else and fiddled with his hands; and if his lips quirked up slightly every time Harry's knee rubbed against his own "accidently", then no one needed to know that.

"You alright, mate? She was way out of line," Liam asked when he walked beside Louis, concern in his puppy eyes.

"Fuck it. She was just another one of those thirsty interviewers."

"I second that," Niall laughed beside Liam, a water bottle in his hand. "I thought you were going to jump over Harry's lap to rip her hair from her head."