Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Nick's POV

Two hours after Liz and Blake left I was still in bed. But I was sick and tired of it. I have always liked feeling useful and keeping myself busy. Staying tucked in below this comforter was degrading my character. 

After a few more minutes I convinced myself that it wouldn't be too bad if I did something else for a while, after all, I could just get in bed again before Liz gets back.

With this in mind I slowly pushed myself to a sitting position. I had to stay still for a moment because dizziness hit me with nauseating waves-- normal effects of a concussion. 

Once I felt somewhat more comfortable with how I was feeling I threw my legs to the side and slowly stood up. 

Once standing, I took a breath and walked slowly to my suitcase. It had been 3 days since I got here and I still I hadn't unpacked; might as well do that now.

I was folding some shirts and placing them neatly inside one of the drawers when dizziness hit me once again. I kneeled for a few seconds, trying to get my bearings back, and I was surprised by Liz walking through my door. I froze, tried not to look like I wasn't feeling well but couldn't really manage it so I closed my eyes to try to make the spinning in my head to go away.

I felt a warm touch on my arm, but I still didn't open my eyes. 

"Nick, what is it?" Liz asked, concern hanging on every word.

"Nothing, I'm fine" I replied gruffly. I forced myself to straighten up and look at her. It took only a split second for the hurt to disappear from her eyes but it was there long enough for me to feel like a jerk.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound so rude" I apologized, but she avoided my gaze while she paced around in my room.

"I told you to stay in bed. I told you the doctor said to stay in bed and Blake told you to stay in bed. Are you always this good of a listener or are you one of those guys that acts like a freaking five year old, in the way that you have to do the opposite of what you're told?" she asked in an offhanded manner. 

I stared at her, not answering. She realized I wasn't going to say anything so she turned around to face me. 

She looked angry... and God let me be struck by lightning for thinking that her anger only made her beautiful features more enthralling.

"Oh, so now you're giving me the silent treatment?" she asked, offended. 

A smile spread slowly on my lips and concussion dizziness forgotten, I stepped forward until I was standing in front of her. 

"You know, your father told me you are not usually like this. Hot-tempered I mean. He said, usually you're nice and sweet with everyone... so why is that not the case with me?" I asked with a smirk. 

A blush crept to her cheeks while I towered over her small figure. 

"You're an obnoxious asshole" she said too quickly. I raised an eyebrow at this.

"I have to admit, you're the first person to tell me that. I don't like the sound of it" I said slowly.

Liz's POV

He didn't look offended my by insult at all. But he didn't seem to enjoy it either. Nick was very hard to read if I'm to be honest. 

"If you don't like the sound of it, then how about you change that irritating attitude" I almost spat.