Chapter 24

Please read author's note at the end of the chapter, it has some important info :)

________________________________________

Chapter 24

Liz's POV

A week has passed since we all met Ando. Nick and Blake have gone absolutely crazy about him. Everything is Ando this and Ando that. I think it's utterly adorable. Blake, I believe, sees in him his old self. Ando leads a tough life at a young age; and with Blake losing his mom when he was young and stepping up to help his dad, he can relate. 

Nick on the other hand sees-- I think-- a resemblance to his younger brother. Nick has never spoken about Frankie, but with the research I did on him, I learnt about his existence. I knew Ando reminded him of his sibling by the way he looked at him. Ando is also several years younger than Nick's younger brother, but that didn't change that he missed him, missed taking care of him and playing with him. When Nick's eyes were watching Ando, they would just shine with un-shed tears. It breaks my heart every time. 

The rest of the time Nick just acts brotherly towards him and I can tell Ando has grown to love not just Nick but also Blake... and, well, me!

There is one little exception to that previous statement. It has caught my attention how Ando tends to get jealous when Nick spends time with me. But honestly, with my new mission, I don't have much free time to spend with Nick anyways... so it's not that bad.

Though, my schedule was only going to become more crowded with my new side project. It was while talking to Nick last night after I came from working on my new mission, that the idea sparked in mind. A play. I would organize a play to raise money for Ando and families like his; who didn't have enough money or support to get by. I thought it was perfect and Nick loved the idea so I was set on putting it to work. Plays are not something that you see often here on Madagascar, so I knew a lot of people would be interested. So today I let Blake in on my idea and he could not contain his excitement. Theater was something he had admired from an early age, even though he never put to practice his awesome acting skills.

So here we all were, seating around a coffee table in my living room, plotting all of the event out.

"First of all, we need to know the actual play we will be doing. Should we do something classic or something modern?" I questioned.

Blake's face was thoughtful while he mulled over that.

Nick spoke up first, "You said people don't see many plays over here right?" I nodded in response.

"Well then maybe you should do something classic" he suggested.

Blake's eyes lit up and smiled, "Yeah but with like a modern twist so that people don't get that bored!" 

His excitement was contagious, and I found myself smiling.

"That's a great idea! We'll do a modern version of a classic play" I decided. 

"It's settled then. We should pick the play so we can each pick a character after it has been re-written and then have some auditions for the other roles. We also need wardrobe, make-up, and people to help with the creation of props and settings. We'll need money" Nick ranted.

"You know yours stuff huh?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. He winked but didn't say anything.

"I think both of you should have the lead roles of whatever we decide to do" Blake chipped in.

"You think so?" I questioned, dubiously.

Blake nodded, "Oh yeah".

"What do you think, Nick?" I asked.

He shrugged, "It's fine by me. I've got a bit of experience with acting" he said modestly. 

Yeah like being in movies, having your own TV show with your brothers and being in freaking Broadway, I reminded myself mentally. He had more than "a bit" of acting experience. I would look like a total amateur compared to him!

I didn't say anything though, because I couldn't let on that I knew all about him. I would have to work my butt off. But this play, this event, is all I want to focus on. Raising funds for families in need is a great cause, and I was ecstatic to tell my dad; that would be easier if he got back or at least bothered to give me a call....

_________________________________________________

“Love is not patronizing and charity isn't about pity, it is about love. Charity and love are the same -- with charity you give love, so don't just give money but reach out your hand instead.” 

― Mother Teresa, A Simple Path: Mother Teresa

_________________________________________________

A/N: It was short chapter because the next one will be a long one! Something kind of "big" will happen on the next chapter. I've been waiting for a while for this so I'm excited. Also, the story will come to an end after maybe 5 or 6 chapters so stay with me alright, it's going to be awesome! Lots of action at the end ;)

PS. Aren't you guys proud of Nick for winning the Acuvue Inspire Awards? I totally am! Oh and didn't he look freaking hot while drumming for Demi at the TCA's? <3 

Please don't forget to vote and comment, you guys don't know how that helps me when I'm having writer's block. BTW this story reached 5,000 reads with the last chapter and it's just freaking amazing. Thank you <3