Chapter 11

• Dedicated to Everyone reading this :)

Chapter 11

Liz's POV

The first thought when I woke was of Nick, so I practically jumped out of bed and opened my two-door closet. I closed myself inside the space and turned the light on, before moving some shoe boxes around to reveal a hidden safe. I quickly unlock it with the number code and open it. Inside I have files given to me by the leader of "Witness Protection" headquarters. I quickly find Nick's file and I close the small vault. I sit down on the carpet inside the closet and open the folder.

"Nicholas Jerry "Nick" Jonas (born September 16, 1992) is an American singer-songwriter, musician, actor and multi-instrumentalist.

Jonas was born in Dallas, Texas. His mother, Denise, is a former sign language teacher and singer, and his father, Paul Kevin Jonas, Sr., is a songwriter, musician, and former ordained minister at an Assemblies of God church. He was raised in Wyckoff, New Jersey and home-schooled by his mother. Nick is of Italian (from a great-grandfather), German, Irish, English, Cherokee, and French-Canadian descent"

I read a few lines, skipping through the boring parts.

I was surprised when I read that Nick started his career in Broadway when he was really young and later on formed a boyband with his two older brothers called the Jonas Brothers. The name seemed kind of familiar and I did a mental note to Google it after I was done reading this. 

I read a bit about his family but I wasn't that interested in them at the moment. Then i found the ex-girlfriends section. Part of me didn't want to read it, but the other part couldn't skip through it, so I read on. Apparently he dated 'officially' Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez and Delta Goodrem. Something that caught my attention was a small detail that coincided with his first two girlfriends, Miley and Selena... the media had made a big deal out of the fact that both girls had stated how they had felt pressured into being perfect when they were Nick. It didn't surprise me really, it was obvious that he was a guy who knew what he wanted, how to get it and didn't like screwing things up. Everyone, including himself, has agreed that he's a perfectionist and doesn't like when things don't go like he wants them to go. 

I would remember that for future reference. 

When I couldn't find anything else that felt important or interesting, I closed the folder and placed it back in the safe. I walked out of the closet and took my laptop from my wooden desk. I settled comfortably in bed, turned on the computer and logged in. First thing I did was open the browser and googled Nick Jonas. There were a bunch of pages related to him, pictures, articles and videos. I clicked on a youtube video and I watched Nick and what I imagine were his two brothers talking to their fans, and messing around. Nick spent most of the time seated, trying to act serious but really he was hiding a smile everytime his brother, I think Joe, kept making really lame jokes. The three of them seemed really close and I couldn't help the smile that spread on my lips as well. That was his family. Those were the people that he missed. I had no brothers, but I know that if I had to move away and couldn't see my dad and Blake, it would suck and I would be devastated. So with this in mind, I finally understood Nick. This was probably why he was being a jerk sometimes... I wouldn't be happy either if I had to live halfway across the world with people I don't know while everyone thinks I'm dead. That's enough to piss off someone. 

I was really into the videos I was watching, I was actually enjoying myself and laughing because honestly Nick and his brothers were ridiculous in every sense of the word, but then a knock on my door startled me. 

Nick poked his head through the door and I quickly slammed my laptop closed and jumped out of bed. I knew perfectly well how my hair looked in the morning and it wasn't pretty. I tried to hide myself a bit by pretending to look for something in my drawers.

"Good morning" he said.

I let out a breath.

"Morning" I mumbled.

I could feel my cheeks heating up at the thought that I had been watching his videos like a freaking stalker. I tried to convince myself that I was doing it because of my mission, but not even I could buy it. 

"Are you alright?" he asked, his voice sounded slightly concerned but I ignored my fluttery stomach.

"Yeah, great. How are you feeling? Hows's you head?" I asked, still avoiding looking at him.

"It feels better, as long as I don't make sudden movements" he replied softly. This time I looked at the door, where he was standing. His expression was pensive and kind of sad... as much as I didn't want to admit it, I wish I knew what he was going on inside his head. It could be anything really.

After what I had read about him, I was even more on my guard. Because really, this guy was used to getting his way, but part of me wanted to comfort him, make him feel more at ease here. I was torn. 

"I'm glad it's better. Did you get any rest last night? Remember what the doctor said" I reminded him while I picked a white blouse from my drawer along with some shorts.

"A little bit. Keep having that nightmare" the last part he said it so low I barely heard him. Honestly  I think I wasn't meant to hear it, so I didn't say anything about it.

"So did you need something or?" I questioned, turning around to face the door now. 

He shrugged, unsure.

"I was kind of wondering... if you wanted to take a walk with me, or something?" he said it slowly, almost as if he didn't know how to say it.

I bit my lip. God it was tempting to say yes. Especially with the hopeful expression on his face... and I know, I have a mission and I have to get close to him anyway, but I couldn't help but remembering his exes, and how they felt pressured into being perfect around him. I didn't want to be like that. Because I couldn't deny that I was attracted to Nick. Girls do stupid stuff when they like a guy. I didn't want to go down that road... maybe it was better if I put some distance between us. 

"I actually can't. I have a bunch of stuff to do, I'm sorry" I apologized. 

He stared at me for a moment, studying me. The look on his face told me he knew I was making up excuses but he didn't confront me about it. He just nodded disappointingly and gave me a sad smile, "maybe another time" he said.

"Yeah, maybe" I said softly. He stood there for another moment before he turned around and closed the door behind him. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

Keeping my distance was definitely going to be harder than I thought.

_______________________________________

There's a storm coming up

And I gotta prepare myself

'Cause this feeling is getting stronger everyday

Something's creeping inside

Everything is about to change

Gotta face the fact that I can't walk away

-Jonas Brothers "Critical"

_________________________________________

A/N: Guyss!! I know it boring, short and stuff but I had to write this to set up the rest of the story. Please don't hate me. Things will start getting more interesting between Niz from now on, I promise :))

Gif: Nick's dissapointed face

Video: Critical by the Jonas brothers. Lyrics on screen :)