Chapter 14

• Dedicated to All of you Nick lovers ;)

Chapter 14

Liz's POV

I woke up sweaty and startled. I hate when I have dreams within dreams. It all reminds me of all that Inception crap.

I looked at the clock on my night table to realize it was 4am. Isn't that just peachy?

I groaned and walked to my bathroom to take a cold shower. I needed it. Especially to try to drown the guilt that was eating me up inside. 

After taking the shower I dialed Blake's number; he answered after a couple of rings.

"You are so effing lucky I love you. This better be good" he mumbled sleepily. I understood his reaction, it was barely 5am.

"I kissed Nick" I blurted. I cursed inwardly at my outburst. 

"What?!" Blake asked, he sounded very much awake now. 

"Well technically he kissed me first, but I kissed him back" I explained unnecessarily. Silence followed and I was starting to wonder if he had fallen asleep but then he talked again.

"Do you want me to come over so you can talk about it?" he offered.

"Uh, can I go to your place instead? I feel like I'm suffocating here" I said.

"Yeah, okay. See you in a bit" he uttered before hanging up.

I sighed. At least my best friend was always ready to listen to me; even when it was this early in the day. I was blessed to have Blake in my life. I tried to never take him for granted.

After putting on comfortable shorts and an over sized t-shirt, I put my hair up in a messy bun and left my room. 

On my way to Blake's "hut" I looked up at the brightening sky. A blend of yellow, orange and pink tones decorated the sky like a watercolor painting on fine canvas, the line where one started and one ended was impossible to detect. The sun was starting to peek through across the horizon. I felt the warmth of it start prickling at my skin. I smiled.

Once I reached Blake's home, I let myself in. I knew he was lazy to come to open the door, plus he barely even bothered closing it. We were all really close in this part of Madagascar, we trusted each other. We never really worry about random robbery or any situation of the sorts. 

I passed through the small living room-kitchen and to the back, where Blake's room was. I knocked softly on his door in case he had fallen asleep; with Blake you never know...

I heard a faint "Come in" so that's what I did.

I walked deeper in the semi-dark room; it was brightening by the minute because strips of sunlight were slowly starting to shine through his curtains. Nonetheless, I turned on his bedside lamp to get his attention.

Blake was laying in bed, he leaned up a bit to look at me and then let his head fall against his pillow once again.

"That's unnecessary" he mumbled in his sleepy state. 

"No, no. It's quite necessary so you'll stay awake and pay attention to me".

He groaned and put a pillow on his face.

"Blakeeee" I whined, jumping on top of his bed and starting to bounce on it. 

"Lizzzz" he mumbled through his pillow.

"You said I could come over, you are not going to ignore me now" I announced while I kept bouncing on his bed. I hadn't even finished saying that statement when Blake grabbed my legs and pulled them from under me. I fell on my face on his bed. Blake's mocking laugh made me lift my head. He was grinning, laying still with half-closed eyes.