Mermaid - Liam

NO WARNINGS

Prompt: Imagine Liam stops talking to you for a long time. During a lacrosse scrimmage, your skin starts to burn so you get in your pool and your legs form into a tail.

Word Count: 1327

------------------------------------------

"Hey," You called out to your closest friend, Liam, while walking with Mason to ask him why he wasn't on the bus.
"Hey, why weren't you on the bus?" Mason asked, frowning at our best friend's peculiar behavior.

"I ran," Liam panted and you raised your eyebrows.

"You ran three miles to school? " You questioned, incredulously.

"Yeah," You were going to ask something else, but he grabbed Mason, and pulled him away, leaving you alone and a little hurt.

~

It was the day of the scrimmage, and even though Liam had hurt your feelings that day, you decided you'd go and support him. Lydia, Ms.McCall and the Sheriff sat a few seats down from you to watch Stiles and Scott play.

You cheered when the game was over, because Beacon Hills had won, but you got this tingly feeling on your skin.
Well under your skin,anyway. It made your skin itch, and you scratched at it.

"Hey, you alright?" Mason questioned and you nodded shakily, "Yeah, my skin just itches - a lot. Um, I've gotta get going, but tell Liam I say congratulations,".

You ran off without waiting for a reply, and when you saw your bike in the lot, you wasted no time sprinting to it.

~

It'd been a week since the scrimmage, and Liam was starting to worry. You hadn't shown up to school, hadn't answered his calls, and no one had seen you.

Well, no one except Derek Hale, but nobody knew that.

What happened on the night of the scrimmage was awful. Your skin, instead of itching like it did before, it started to burn horribly. Your grandma asked if you were alright, but you mumbled an answer and rushed to your room.

The cold wind that blew through the window soothed the burn, but it just wasn't enough. You decided that you'd go take a swim in your pool to soothe it even more.

Three hours later, everyone was asleep in the house, so you decide that this was the perfect time. You slipped into your swimsuit, and climbed out the window, and headed to the backyard.
You sat in the pool and immediately your skin stopped burning. With a loud groan of relief, you threw your head back, and enjoyed the cool water on your skin.

The next thing that happened scared you beyond measure. Your legs drifted together until they were morphed, and if that sight wasn't enough, scales started forming from your belly button, and made it's way down to your toes, where a big tail sprang out.

"Well, well, well, " a deep voice came out of nowhere, and you jumped in surprise.

"Who are you?"

"A friend of Liam's, and you're a mermaid," he nodded at me, and I laughed shakily before my eyes rolled over and everything turned black.

~

You felt a hand on your forehead, and you softly grabbed on to the arm.

"I had such a weird dream last night, Grandma, " You mumbled, "I dreamt that I was swimming, then I had a tail and this guy came and -" your eyes fluttered open, and you realized it wasn't your grandma, "Ah!"

You jumped up to see a shirtless Liam, and Scott and Stiles along with Lydia and their girlfriends.

"Hey, it's just me, " Liam said, and you narrowed your eyes at him.