I Hate Gym Class - Scott

NO WARNINGS

Prompt: Imagine you always getting hurt and Scott having to carry you to the nurses office.

Word Count: 1472

----------------------------------------------------

You hated gym class.

Not because you hated exercise or sports.

Because you never went more than a week without getting hurt.

Today you were playing soccer and you were actually getting into it. You were in a good mood because it was Friday and you hadn't gotten hurt all last week or this week. You ran towards the ball and went to kick it before someone bumped into you and pushed you into the ground, landing on your forearms and your legs at a weird angle. You hadn't even seen the girl who bumped into you but you did feel the pain shooting up your leg from your ankle.

You winced as you shifted your torso so that you were almost laying on your back, using you elbows to hold you up.

You tried to stand up only to wince and go back to almost laying down. "L/N! Get up!" Finstock yelled.

"I tried and that's not happening!" you yelled back as you tried to move your foot at all, only to have pain shoot up and you decided to stop.

Finstock sighed, already knowing that you had gotten hurt and put the game on hold. A moment later there was a circle of people in your gym class standing around you. You took a deep breath, trying to calm yourself down before Finstock walked towards you, "Can you stand up?"

You rolled your eyes and decided to try to stand up again only to have pain shoot up your leg,"Like I said before it is not happening,".

"It's probably a twisted ankle," Finstock said after he glanced at your ankle, "McCall!"

Scott McCall's head shot up from the ground and he stepped towards Finstock. You sent Coach a desperate look, almost knowing exactly what Finstock was going to say next.

"McCall you're gonna carry L/N to the nurse's office," Finstock ordered before turning towards the rest of the class and telling them to go on with the game.

You and Scott both looked at each other awkwardly before he leaned down and put one arm under your legs and the other on your lower back. You put one arm on the back of his neck in order to sit upright.

You bit your lip and looked forward, your cheeks warm from embarrassment.

You glanced at Scott out of the corner of your eye and saw that his lips were pressed together and he looked almost as uncomfortable as you were. Almost.

But you were sure that because of your crush on Scott that you were ten times more awkward with this situation then he was. You shifted yourself, wanting to be more comfortable only to wince and tighten your grip on Scott's arms subconsciously when pain shot up your leg. You bit your lip to keep yourself from crying out again, despite the pain in your ankle. Scott looked at you, eyes full of concern before he took a deep breath,"Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure," you mumbled, knowing if you gave a long response you wold cry out in pain. The pain in your ankle distracting you enough to not be nervous looking at Scott at the moment.
Scott gulped,"Why do you always get hurt in gym?"

You were about to answer when you felt the pain in your ankle slowly disappear. You took a deep breath before answering,"I just always get hurt. I'm just as confused about it as you are,"
Scott nodded in response and you both went back to the awkward silence as you finished to the nurses' office.