Chapter 4: The Date

Chapter 4: The Date

Zayn silently walked down the few flights of stairs of the apartment building and then pushed open the door to the parking lot. He didn’t even wait for me, or check if I was following him. It was like he just expected me to follow, like there was no other option. Maybe this would be a good time to sneak back upstairs. I paused in the lobby of my flat for a moment, more like a second really.

“Don’t even think about it, Darlin’!” Zayn’s voice echoed from the car park. How did he-? Whatever. I let out a huffed sigh and went out to where he was waiting for me.

The cold air of the parking lot hit me like a ton of bricks. The skimpy dress I was wearing was hardly enough to maintain any warmth. I was practically naked in what Zayn had given to me. I shivered and continued on.

I found Zayn standing by one of the most expensive cars I have ever seen. I think it was a Bentley. He was leaning against the car staring back at me. His pose showed off his thick muscles, which were exposed through his tight white t-shirt. His black leather jacket were thrown casually over his shoulders.

He smirked at me when he caught me looking. I felt heat rush to my face, so I looked down quickly, trying to hide my blush.

Suddenly, two long fingers were placed under my chin and guided my face up to look into his hazel eyes.

“Don’t do that.” He murmured gently.

“D-do w-what?” I stammered in confusion.

“Look away when you blush. I like when you blush, you look beautiful.” He whispered. I got this feeling in the pit of my stomach, sending butterflies throughout my body. This feeling wasn’t a reaction of fear or nervousness though. What was this boy doing to me?

“Now get in the car.” He commanded, removing his fingers from my skin. Just like that, the gently person who had called me beautiful not a moment ago disappeared.

I made my way over to the car door of the passenger side (which was backwards for me, but I guess I’ll have to get used to the strange British cars) and climbed inside. As soon as I buckled up, Zayn sped away from my apartment building and down the dangerous streets of London.

Well, I guess they weren’t dangerous any more. I mean, the person who defines danger was currently taking me on a date, so I was certain I could handle any other danger that came my way.

He was silent, like a scary silent, as we drove. The only sound in the car was my heavy breathing.

We pulled up in front of an elegant brick building with a crowd of people waiting in a line by the big glass French doors. Zayn hopped out of the car and skipped the entire line. I reluctantly followed.

He didn’t even pay attention to me. It was as if I wasn’t there. I followed him into the restaurant, ignoring the dirty looks I got from the patrons waiting on line. I debated making a run for it, I mean, there were so many people around. Then I realized that Zayn wouldn’t care. He’d chase me and haul my ass back here. Might as well save him a step.

“Table for Malik.” Zayn spoke to the hostess. The girl was a couple years older than me, maybe 23 or 24, but the way she looked at Zayn made it seem as if she was a drooling teenager.

“I-I’m sorry s-s-sir, but your n-name isn’t on here.” She pointed to the reservation book. Zayn flashed her a flirty smile and shut the book.

“Are you new here, hun?” he asked her politely. She nodded eagerly, flustered about how close he was standing to her. I noticed that he didn't call her 'Darlin' like he called me. He called her 'hun', but it wasn't personalized like he spoke to me. It was simply condescending and slightly patronizing to her.