Chapter 10: Overnight

I stared up at his dark eyes in fear. Before I could respond, he roughly crashed his lips onto mine. He licked his tongue along my bottom lip, asking for permission; permission that I did not grant.

He controlled my lips completely, despite the fact that I tried to keep my mouth as still as possible. He didn’t try to pry my mouth open after I didn’t let his slithering tongue in. After a few minutes of just molding our lips together, he pulled off of me.

He let go of me and turned around, heading off to a different room without a word. I took a quick glance around. His apartment was furnished like a man cave. The walls were dark, with dark wood furniture and big leather pieces of furniture. The pictures on the wall were of modern art, but the focus of the room was the giant-ass flat screen. I didn’t wait to see more of the expensively furnished flat. I rushed to the elevator while I had the chance.

I pressed the button for the elevator to come. I prayed it would arrive quickly. Every glance over my shoulder made me shake in anticipation. Zayn could come back from wherever he went at any moment and… and… I couldn’t think about that.

The elevator opened up, allowing me to step on. I pressed the close doors button and then the button to the lobby, but the elevator didn’t move. I pressed the buttons furiously with my trembling fingers, but it didn’t help.

What the fuck?

“Where ya going, Darlin’?” I heard a deep voice chuckle from a few feet away. I jumped at the proximity of his voice, only making me press the buttons faster. He appeared and stepped on to the elevator. He pressed his hips to mine, squaring me against the wall. His hands trapped me in a prison I had no hope of escaping.

“Try to escape all you want Darlin’, but it’s never gonna work. The elevator is deactivated for this floor until I give the okay.” He hissed in my ear. I gulped. It was just him and me on this floor until he decided otherwise.

He left me on the elevator and went back to wherever he had gone before. I slumped to the floor, expecting to cry like a big fucking baby, but I had no tears left to spare. I crawled off of the frozen elevator and back into the apartment of the monster.

I waited for Zayn to come and find me, but he never did. I decided to take a look around, maybe find another escape route. I tiptoed to the full length windows and gazed out. We were on the top floor- I would never survive the jump.

I continued on to each window, maybe there was a fire escape or something. I didn’t find anything in that room, so I continued on to the next one. The kitchen. I wish I had just stayed in the first room; Zayn was in this one.

“Have you finished trying to run away?” He asked me casually as he hovered over a modern looking stove. I didn’t respond, I just stood in the doorway. He went back to whatever he was cooking, humming an unfamiliar tune.

I watched him cautiously; too afraid to approach him, but also too afraid to take my eyes off of him for a moment. I watched as his back muscles tensed and flexed every time he moved his arms. I watched his skilled movements around the kitchen. Every so often, his dark eyes would shift in my direction, but other than that he acted as if I wasn’t even there.

“Are you hungry?” he broke the silence. I looked up at his sudden question and shook my head. A low, humorless chuckle escaped his broad lips.

“We’ve gone over this, Darlin’.” He sighed. I shrunk back as he stepped forward.

“You must be hungry. It’s nearly midnight and you haven’t eaten much today.” He reached for my hand gently and began tugging me through the kitchen towards a table. Carefully, he softly pushed me into the chair and put a plate of food in front of me.

He grabbed a plate of food for himself and slid into the chair across from me. He hungrily consumed the dinner he made, barely glancing up to me. I didn’t touch the food in front of m. I couldn’t. I wouldn’t.

Once he was finished, he pushed his plate towards the center of the table and leaned back in his chair, looking satisfied. His disgusting eyes glared at my untouched face and then up at me.

“Eat the damn food, Hannah. I won’t ask you again.” He seethed. Like every time he threatened me, my heart beat unsteadily and my palms got sweaty.

“I’m not hungry.” I whispered, without looking up. I saw his hand reach across the table and grab my chin. Roughly, I was forced to look up at his angry eyes.

“Bullshit. Eat the damn food.” He hissed. I shook in his grasp, before I yanked away.

“I won’t eat anything you’ve made.” I hissed back, equally as angry. He raised his eyebrows at my attitude and leaned towards me in his chair.

“Fix the tone, Darlin’, or I’ll come over and do it myself.”

“S-sorry, but I can’t.” I whispered and looked down.

“Why the bloody hell not? Why won’t you let me help you?!” He spat. I heard him push his chair back roughly as he stood. I shook like a leaf as he approached me. He crouched down next to me so that we were eye level.

“B-because you probably spiked it… or… or poisoned it.” I admitted my fears. Zayn let out a dark chuckle.

“And why would I do that? I would never kill you, Darlin’, you’re mine. Killing you would just be stupid.” He kept chuckling as if I had suggested something completely ludicrous. In my own defense, after what he did to me this afternoon I thought that my murder would be likely.

“It could be spiked,” I retorted, like a child in a losing argument. Zayn smirked at me and cocked his head to the side.

“With what? I already have you here, in a sound proof apartment. We both know I could take you. Darlin’, if I really were to rape you, drugs or alcohol would not stand in my way.” I looked at him slowly. I felt the fear in my eyes, and I knew he could sense it too.

“Eat your food, Hannah.” He whispered softly to me. I nodded slowly, not able to meet his eyes and began to slowly pick at the food in front of me. I ate about 30% of the plate, and then looked back at Zayn. He remained crouched by me the whole time, staring at me through narrowed eyes the entire time.

“Please, Zayn. I c-can’t eat any more…” I begged. I felt like I was going to seriously throw up.

“Fine,” he huffed as he stood. He held out his hand to me and helped me stand from the chair. Silently, he led me down a hall and into a room. I followed behind him silently. What was I supposed to do? Run away? To where?

“Time for bed, Darlin’.” He pointed at the large king-sized bed in the middle of the room. I felt my body tremor.

“No. No-no I want to go home, Zayn. Please.” I cried softly. He wrapped his arm around my waist gently. He led me over to the bed, or at least he tried to. I resisted as much as I could. I kicked and struggled as he continued to pull me. He didn’t use excessive force; he just tugged me over like a parent would with a child throwing a tantrum.

“Come on now, Darlin’, don’t make this harder than it has to be.” He asked me softly. I still fought as he pressed me down on the bed. He looked at me sternly before pulling off his t-shirt and handing it to me. I stared at his hand, refusing to take his clothing.

“Sleep in this, Darlin’, or sleep naked. Your choice.” He shrugged. I snatched up the shirt quickly and held it tightly. He slipped off his jeans and throw them on the other side of the room. He slid into the other side of the bed and looked at me expectedly.

“I’ll just go to the bathroom…” I mutter awkwardly before I stood. Zayn sighed and leaned on his elbow.

“I’ve seen you in your knickers before, Darlin’. Remember our first date? Change into the damn shirt.” I gulped and turned away from him as I slipped off my own shirt, but kept my bra on. I put Zayn’s shirt on and then removed my dirty jeans. My clothes still had dirt on them from this afternoon.

I carefully slid into the bed next to him and curled up as far away from Zayn as possible. He wasn’t happy with this, so he yanked me back into him. His hand wrapped around my body gently.

“Stop shaking Darlin’. I promise I won’t hurt you.” He tried to comfort me; it didn’t help at all. He began to hum in my ear softly, the same unrecognizable tune from before. I didn’t know what to do. If he wanted to rape me, wouldn’t he have done so already?

With the pain and exhaustion of the day hitting me and the soft hums of Zayn, I dozed off in his arms. That night, I didn’t dream at all. The state I was in was merely for healing the wounds, both mental and emotional, caused by the day.

****************

I awoke feeling warm. I was pressed into Zayn’s barely clothed body, restrained by his muscular arms. His right hand was gripping my breast gently, while his left hand rested over my leg, gripping my inner thigh. His fingers lay not two inches from my nether part.

My breathing became rapid as realization struck; I was here as his captive. I tried to slip out of his grasp, or at least loosen his hold, but nothing worked. Zayn was asleep, and yet he still controlled me.

“Stop wiggling around, Darlin’. I’m not gonna let you go.” Zayn whispered in his husky, deep morning voice without opening his eyes.

“Get your filthy paws off of my goodies, Zayn.” I snapped at him as I continued to wiggle. Oh, did I mention that I wasn’t a morning person? Zayn chuckled a throaty sound before shifting his hands. Thank God.

His right hand moved down to my waist, while his left hand moved a few inches down my thigh. I sighed in relief; he was no longer hanging on to my sensitive parts. This relief was short lived. Zayn used his tight hold on me to yank me roughly on top of him. My bare legs tangled with his. The t-shirt I was wearing, HIS t-shirt, was pressed up against his bare chest; providing a thin layer of protection.

As soon as I was on top of him, he rolled so that I was trapped below him. Zayn didn’t press any weight on to me, he distributed his weight onto his elbows, but still kept me between his hard body and his soft bed.

“What did you say to me?” He growled.

“Did I stutter?” I hissed, rolling my eyes. If he was trying to intimidate me, then it wasn’t going to fucking work. I’ve dealt with enough of his shit, and I have the battle scars to prove it.

Zayn’s dark, thick eyebrows shot up and his lids squinted his narrowed eyes at me. He looked pissed, to understate.

“Check your tone, Darlin’.” He warned in his deep voice.

“Fuck. You.” I spat. Zayn smirked evilly.

“Oh, you’re about to.” He whispered just before he crashed his lips on to mine again, but this time, I didn’t just remain still. I bit down on his lower lip as hard as I could. I released once I felt the coppery taste of blood in my mouth.

Zayn pulled off of me quickly and ran his fingers over his injured lip. I took this opportunity to run. While he was absorbed in the short pain I caused, I scrambled out of the bed and bolted. I knew there was no way to escape, so I hoped to find a fire escape or a good hiding spot or something.

I heard him stomp behind me- not bothering to run, knowing that I can’t leave.

“Oh, you’ve done it now, Darlin’.” He laughed behind me. I ran over to the bathroom and locked the door behind me. That would give me a few minutes to think everything through.