Chapter 60: Epilogue

Hannah’s POV

“The couple has written their own vows that they would like to share with you all, today.” The officiator nodded to me and gave me the floor. I gulped nervously as I pulled out the crumpled piece of paper I had spent the past few weeks obsessing over.

“Zayn,” I began slowly. My eyes drifted up to his but quickly looked back down. I wouldn’t be able to concentrate if he continued to loot at me like… Like I’m the only person in the entire world.

“Zayn,” I started again, “I didn’t think it was possible to love someone as much as I love you. You give me unconditional love and support and you appreciate me for who I am. You challenge me and never let me go down without a fight, but I need that. I need you. When we’re not together, I feel like I’m not myself. I’m only me when I’m with you, if that makes any sense. I need you. I need you like the flowers need the sun and water. Without you, I can’t survive. You are my other half that I didn’t know I was missing until we met.”

I smiled at him, his eyes piercing deep into me. I felt at one with him. I felt serene, and even in front of the entire audience, I felt like it was only the two of us.

“I am so glad you made me go out with you.” I chuckled. Only the boys and Eleanor truly knew the extent of the force used to get me to go out with him, but that’s in the past.

“I love you more than life itself and I’m honored to be Mrs. Malik.” I pulled my hand out of his to quickly wipe the oncoming tears before my mascara could run. Zayn reached up and pulled my fingers off my cheek and returned my hand to be clasped in his, where it belonged.

“I’m not really great with words and all that, but Darlin’, you are everything to me. You are my world. Before you came along, I was living in darkness. A darkness that I knew, that I controlled, that I was unafraid of. And then you entered my life like a burst of light. You blinded me. I had no idea how to react to someone like you. You were so innocent, so sweet and pure. Yet, you were this fireball. You had this attitude that drew me in and I knew I just had to have you.

“I did everything in my power to make you mine and I tried so hard to dampen your light and bring you into my darkness, but you still stand here before me, glowing. I didn’t realize how much I really rely on you until you were no longer with me.

“I had been one with the dark before, but now I’m afraid. I’m afraid to face it without you. You’re like my nightlight and you protect me from the dark just as much as I protect you. You changed me, but for the better, and I love you.”

Zayn’s breathtaking smile appeared across his face and I did everything in my power not to melt on the altar. Zayn’s lips pressed back together for just enough time to form the words ‘I love you’ and then smile at me again.

The ceremony continued, but to be honest I wasn’t really paying attention. I was too transfixed on Zayn’s intense gaze. He wouldn’t look away from me. Almost as if he physically couldn’t.

I was broken from my daydream of Zayn’s gorgeous body when Zayn’s fingers dug into my palm roughly. He looked at me expectantly. I blinked, suddenly completely aware that I was in front of hundreds of people and I had no idea what was going on, in my own fucking wedding.

‘Repeat after him,’ Zayn mouthed to me. I nodded, unable to prevent the redness from flushing on my cheeks. Zayn smirked knowingly. His left eye dropped in a wink, and I returned it with a glare.

“With this ring, I thee wed.”

We proceeded with the rest of the mumbo jumbo. You know, the whole ‘do you, blah blah blah, take this man, blah blah blah, until you both shall die… crap? Yeah…

“You may now kiss the bride.” When the officiater uttered these lines, Zayn didn’t miss a beat. I didn’t even get a chance to lean in before he grabbed me, and dipped me back. I was caught off guard and didn’t get a chance to react because his lips were crashed onto mine.

He kissed me chastely and genuinely, but much to my disappointment, he didn’t make it steamy or open mouthed. He kept it sweet. I guess it was for the sake of the audience that contained my family, but I wasn’t thinking like that in the moment.

All I was think of was that Zayn was mine.

Mine to love.

Mine to hold.

Mine to fight with.

Mine to forgive.

Mine to make love to.

Mine to kiss.

My husband.

The father of my children.

“I know pronounce Mr. and Mrs. Zayn Malik as husband and wife!”

                                                 the end