The Swing

(Very Old) Short Story:

In a little town called Maysfeild there lived a grandfather and a granddaughter. There were only ten cottages in this town, with two restaurants, one tailor shop, one tin shop, one grocery store, and one school. There were only five kids in this school. There were only two boys and three girls going to that school. Adam and Peeta are the two boys that always hanged out together. Katniss and Clove are the two girls that have no room for the third girl whom is Primrose and she is always left out all alone. Primrose used to play board games with her grandfather due to that much loneliness. She used to also do a lot of house work, she used to start by cleaning then cooking and she also always kept the house neat and tidy. Her grandfather loved her and always appreciated her hard work. Today she went to the town library with her grandfather and borrowed a book; it was called 'Swings'. They really enjoyed building, learning, and reading together.

One glimmering night, when the moon was high up in the sky, Primrose gave her grandfather a book and sat legs folded in front of her grandfather, and this is how the story started. ''Once upon a time in a kingdom called Daramia, there lived a princess in a castle, her father the king was a great and respected ruler, but he used to always send her up to her room, and she was not allowed to go to party's except two party's, her birthday party and the coronation day. She was so beautiful, she had long, wavy red hair, her eyes where blue as the light blue sky, she had lips red as a Christmas decoration, and her skin color was a glazed pear. Any man whom saw her would fall in love with her with in few seconds, due to her beauty. She sometimes sneaked out of her high tower out of her window, and this is how she went out: She used to tie two ropes on to her two window locks, then she places a red cushion sued to the two ropes and sat on it, there used to also be a ropes on the side to lower and higher the cushioned seat. One day when the king was too old to rule, it was time for his daughter to be crowned, he was pretty sad that he won't be ruling but even though he locked her in her room, it was all for her safety, she was so pretty that he couldn't let anyone see her and take her away, but he never actually told anyone, but today he told her: '' My daughter, Queen of Daramia, I never actually told you this, but I kept in your room all these years to keep you away from people, you are too beautiful to be seen, and I was afraid you may get poisoned or kidnaped, all I did was for your safety.'' She answered in the sweetest voice she had ever used: ''Thank you father, I love you too, and I have always believed in you.'' They both smiled at each other for a few minutes. ''Now go there and show the world your beauty!'' said King Red Wings I. It was time for the crowning she went outside in front of the crowd gracefully. ''Now the crowning of this kingdom officially goes to Queen Redoon Red Wings daughter of our highly respected ruler King Red Wings I.'' said the dictator Alocal Demonds. Everybody cheered and clapped their hands like mad. The party had started and the first thing the new Queen of Daramia, Redoon Red Wings did was to send orders to build swings all over the kingdom for kids and everyone to play on. And The Kingdom and its inhabitants lived happily ever after. THE END!'' Her grandfather said excitedly to his daughter, ''Do you know what I am thinking honey pie?'' ''Do you know what I am thinking grandpa?'' she said.

They both smiled at each other. ''Get a cushion honey! And I will get the ropes and sewing kit!'' said her grandfather. She ran like the wind and got the prettiest cushion in the house. Her grandfather started sewing the ropes to the cushion. The next day, when she went to school, she told her four classmates and her teacher, and they said it was the silliest idea they have ever heard except the sir Mr. Loom whom had said that it was a great idea. She ran home after school and to her surprise her grandfather has already fixed it all up and had even hired workers to make the upper and two bars on the sides. She was so excited but she wanted her grandfather to go on it first, she wanted him to have the first try because he read for her stories, loved her and even took care of her all these years. He was saying: ''No honey I did all this for you! You should go first!'' Then she said: ''No grandfather you did all the hard work, so you should get the first try!'' There was a little argument but it ended up the grandfather trying the swing first! Boy did he enjoy it; he placed his granddaughter on the swing and pushed her gently. They both ended up having the best fun of their lives! They lived happily ever after AGAIN! But for real this time not in the story.