Trusting Deception

Short Story: 

The clouds hid the sun, covering the rusty fields of wood sticks and logs that once stood like trees of everlasting shades of protection. Ah, another target has been spotted. I walked towards a penniless brother and his sister scavenging for food in the midst of the ruins caused by mother nature, an earthquake. I signaled my father before crouching down in front of their filthy, pink cloth that carried a few coconuts and seeds.

"Hello, want to make a deal? My father will give you all the riches in the world!" I asked, placing a few coins onto their pile. "Got you! Antichrist, you won't be making any more deals," said the brother as his true identity was revealed from under his chosen human body. "Oh, well I'm sorry Mr. Jesus. When did you become an Indian man?" I said rolling my eyes. He can't stop me. "Ever heard of transforming to do good? Or did Lucifer never teach you, young lady?" He asked as he carried the child and teleported it back to its mother along with riches and food. "Well then, now that the child is gone, we could discuss some terms," said a smooth voice, causing us both to rotate at the same time. "Oh brother Lucifer, we're not discussing anything without my Father," replied Jesus, whistling to his doves.

"Your army of axes destroyed nature, how could you Lucifer?!" Jesus asked but he already knew the answer to why. We all do. With disaster come deals and with deals, more souls are taken for energy and entertainment in Hell. "I will fix the harm done if you accept my Father's deal," I said, stepping in between Jesus and Lucifer. Jesus knew that only Lucifer's spell can be undone by Lucifer as no pure power can unravel the amount of sin dug into the Earth. Even God was disappointed in giving that much power to an angel.

"My wings, brother," Lucifer said, his voice low and stern. "You're asking me to steal?!" Jesus asked raising his eyebrows in amused shock. "Why yes. If I had my wings, I wouldn't have created mass destruction but I would've instead encouraged mass appeal for good deeds. By the way, the other half of Earth will be destroyed soon," replied Lucifer, folding his arms. He seemed dead serious, but I don't have a say in it anyways. I just watch them earthly creatures die. "You sure this isn't one of your deceptive games Lucifer?" questioned Jesus as he looked around for humans. "I wouldn't deceive my first brother," replied Lucifer as he dragged a few logs from around him and arranged them in a gigantic pentagram after clearing the littered, sandy grounds. Jesus eyes him suspiciously before flying to the sky, "I hope you keep our deal brother."

It would take a while before Jesus was back so I sat on my magic carpet to keep my robes clean, blew winds towards palm trees, and watched them sway back and forth. The good thing about being the Antichrist is that I don't need to do much. I only play with my the powers father gave me and follow his orders. "Here are the wings, now restore what you have damaged," said Jesus as he handed my father the wings. Lucifer smirked, and that's when the realization struck me. He didn't make a pact of protection from God with Jesus although he sent him to commit an unforgivable sin. As soon as Lucifer's hand touched his wings, Jesus fell onto his knees. Christ's wings were getting pulled by a force that I couldn't see, but the blood, that I could see. Christ's once strong and pure wings were getting hauled slowly, each tug was permeated with the sound of vigorous bones snapping back. "What are you doing?!" Jesus growled at Lucifer as he panted helplessly.

"Brother, brother, brother. Hasn't God told you everything? You cannot give me my wings, because if you do, you're damned as well," replied Lucifer, his chuckles raw with amusement. It was the most bizarre scene I've ever witnessed: Christ himself losing his wings. The cracking continued as blood ran down his back. Broken pieces of the base of his wings were still visible after the wing's removal. Christ's groans were agonizing that sometimes I'm glad I could fly on a magic carpet rather than have wings punctured into my back. Maybe that's why father Lucifer didn't give me wings like other demonic creatures he has created.

"Welcome to Hell brother," Lucifer said smiling, his arms open wide for a hug. I giggled. He deceived another angel, a special one this time. Jesus jumped onto Lucifer sending him crashing to the ground while punching him with no signs of mercy. "You've got too kind of a heart brother. Shouldn't have given humans that much care," Lucifer said, still smiling despite the blood dripping from his nose. What can I say? Lucifer was always beaten by others that this must feel like a child's hand punching him considering the fact the Jesus couldn't have practiced punching in Heaven.