Lucifer's Slaughter Fair

Short Story:  

It slithered approaching her on four legs, its scales shimmering in the full moon's light stimulating screams to erupt from every corner of the city. They didn't know from where it came from since a creature that ugly couldn't have been formed by God's hands. All they knew is that it erupted from the flames, its noise unbearable like the sound of crumbling towers of bones falling to the ground. Yet its gnarling was much worse than that. It murmured whispers from hell, and if you got close enough, you'd hear faint screams erupting from the beast's belly.

It was a crocuina, it had the body of a crocodile and the features of an iguana. Its colors could change for deception and its tongue could stretch into the farthest corners of Earth if not Space. The fire started it all, it's one of the most dangerous natural and chemical disasters that occur on Earth, however, we've forgotten something very important about it; the nightmares that could erupt from a single flame of anger.

'It was only in myths' was what we all thought. We ignored the warnings and went on with our lives, forgetting every rule we've ever been taught and the precautions that we should've always taken.

She ran, trying to surpass the slithering beast that chased her all the way in and out the modern city, never losing sight of its new victim. Stumbling, she tripped and held her hands out to stop herself from hitting the ground. But, she didn't make an impact. Instead, she found herself falling into a portal, a checkered endless tube of time.

The wide tube started to change from black and white to different shades of red, purple, and hints of gold. It started narrowing and closing on her petite frame, causing her to struggle to push it away. Oxygen escaped the tunnel making her whimper louder by the second as she tried to catch every breath of oxygen she could conquer before suffocating.

Tighter and slower it went as her abilities to move were restricted to only moving her useless fingers, yet they did stop moving. Eventually, her whole body stopped its longing aching for a gasp of air. She simply slid down and through the other end allowing the tunnel the privilege to drop her clumsily on top of the hottest and roughest stones in hell.

"Take her, wash her, dress her and bring her to the table by midnight, drag her if you should but you shouldn't let her slow you down. You know the consequences," ordered a fairly deep voice as his boots stomped away with pride. Six reptilian monsters shape-shifted into black beasts, their fur as dark as the stones they blended in, only their red eyes glowing behind their master as they carried her heading for the bloody red water.

The blood poured heavily over her fragile figure waking her up as she choked spitting the blood extracted from other sacrifices made in hell. She strived helplessly to get away from them when she realized what she tasted, yet she was covered in thick chains, taking the only freedom she ever had, the ability to walk. Dressing her was the hardest part as she strained endlessly to stop them from touching her assets before they banged her on the head putting her in a short coma. Dragging her delicate body to the table they groaned at the scent of her innocence floating around them. The man clapped, blowing some type of magical powder to wake up the young lady.

"Welcome Angelina, I'm your father, Lucifer, the devil, and you shall do what I say right?" he asked walking to her from across the room. Her heart leaped, 'It's him, it's him!' she thought battling inside her mental state to find anger and fear, nevertheless, she couldn't. She strangely felt calm. Her emotions were shoveled creating a hint of confusion and gliding it across her face.

"I'll take that for a yes, now com princess," turning around he began to lead her towards dungeons of mortal souls. She walked next to him unhesitatingly taking a step after the other with an empty sense of honor. "These souls have been sold to me for riches & fame, and every year we torture one of them causing the mortal on Earth an unexpected death," Lucifer explained as they walked throughout halls of cages and moaning souls.

They exited the hall and entered a fun fair with most rides constructed by bones and sharp instruments. Screams were heard instead of laughter. Children were impaled and left to rot while others were in the midst of flames leaving only burning pleads to depart their lips. "Why so brutal? They're children," she asked disgusted by his inhumanity. "They're my children," he replied extending the word 'my'. "I'm your child as well," coughed Angelina as she tried not to breathe in the putrid stench of rotting flesh. "I know," he responded chuckling. Her serenity was short lived considering the gruesome realization that zapped her. Turning around in an attempt to escape he grabbed her tightly and twirled her across and in front of a carousel dripping with impaled children.

She tackled him, her face lighting up with revulsion and hate towards the man who deceived her into thinking he could be different and not as bad as the books say. "Let go!" she yelled as he carried her up and onto a thick log. The carousel swung her around in circles causing her to grasp onto the log with all her might. "You don't own me Lucifer, I never worshiped you!" Angelina bawled from above. "You sin & never pray, and became mine the moment you followed me willingly," Lucifer said as he held his stomach giggling. "You think this is funny?!" she wailed, her clutch tensing until her hands were pale white. "Just wait! You'll see," he whispered toppling over into hysterical laughter.

She frowned a second before he swiped his finger down at the log splitting it in half and giving Angelina the permission to fall vigorously on top of a spear piercing her through the most sensitive area of her body. She screeched in indescribable pain as she slowly slid down the golden javelin. As the metal ripped apart her veins, her organs started to dislocate tearing her insides violently. Her mouth coughed out blood before the weapon punctured its way up her throat and drilled a path across her brain and out her skull, shattering it into fragments.

Drip Drop, Drip Drop is a constant music in hell... well excluding the screams and whimpering of souls. And as Lucifer's laughter continues to escalate daily with every sin formed, the slaughter will increase and forget the clear definition of the word 'fade'.