Prolouge

A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away...

"Luke...." She whispered as Obi-Wan held the baby boy for her to see.
She felt more pain, she didn't know how much more she could take. All the pain, the hate, the suffering. She screamed one last time as Obi-Wan brought another baby down to her side.
"It's a girl." He told her.
The baby's deep brown eyes were open wide, staring at her mother.
"Leia." Padmé whispered, reaching out and stroking her face.
"Obi Wan...There's good in him. I know ... I know there's still ...." Padmé felt herself slowly drift to sleep, it was a peaceful sleep.
{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}
She felt her eyes slowly flutter open. It was bright, she couldn't understand what was going on.
"Hello my dear." Padmé heard a female voice, one she recognized.
Padmé slowly stood from where she was laying. A blue gown flowed onto the ground, her water gown. She had picked it to wear at her funeral, there were flowers in her curly chocolate hair, but they fell to the ground as she stood.
She looked around, wherever she was, it was beautiful. The sky was a bright white, the ground was a silky white.
"W - where am I?" She asked innocently.
"You have begun your journey to the Skies of The Force. Where you will find peace, and reunite with others that have become one with the force, like you." The woman said.
Padmé could start to see an outline of a women, she wore a brown tattered dress, she had brown hair that was tied in a bun. Padmé couldn't see the woman's face yet.
"Who are you?" Padmé asked, looking at the woman.
"I know you might not remember me, and you might not want to see me right now. But my name is Shmi." The woman stepped into the bright light, Padmé could see her face.
"Shmi Skywalker." Padmé whispered.
"You're Anakin's mother!"
"Yes, I am. Don't be angry with me, but I wanted to be the one who welcomed you. Lots of people wanted to, but I begged everyone to let me do it." She smiled, and Padme could see that she was crying.
"I'm not angry." Padmé said, walking toward Shmi.
"Come, I'll guide you to the Skies of The Force." Shmi said as she held out her hand.
"What's there?" Padmé asked.
"Peace." She said.
"You'll meet everyone else who has made the journey." Shmi said.
"Like all the fallen Jedi?" Padmé asked, taking her hand.
"Yes." She replied.
The sky got brighter, so bright Padmé couldn't see anything anymore, she felt herself standing on air. The air felt like wind on her head.
I must be flying! Padmé thought.
"Yes my dear, we are flying." Shmi said, as she laughed.
Suddenly the wind stopped, Padmé felt ground under her feet. She opened her eyes and saw walls that looked liked clouds, the roof was a huge glass window and the floor was glass as well. There were what looked like little transmitters everywhere, people were walking around, happy and joyous.
"Well, here we are." Shmi said.
"It's - it's beautiful." Padmé said, catching her breath.
"Qui-Gon Jinn?" Padmé said as she turned her head to face her old friend.
"Hello Senator." He replied, standing beside Shmi.
Padmé smiled brightly.
"This place is wonderful." She said, looking around.
"Look, it's Senator Amidala!" Someone yelled.
Suddenly everyone turned and started to run to her, people with notepads and pens started to ask her lots of questions.
"Um.....I can't answer that. It was fine, uh...excuse me." Padmé quickly ducked through the people and ran to Qui-Gon and Shmi.
"Come, we'll show you to your place." Shmi said as she walked with her arm linked with Qui-Gon's.
Padmé laughed as she followed the two through hallways, until they came up to a cream coloured door, across the door in large letters was:
Padmé Naberrie Amidala Skywalker
"Well, go on inside." Shmi told her.
Padmé stared at the name, her full name. She never had seen her full name written out. She nodded and pressed the button.
"We'll leave you, I'm right across the hall if you need anything, my dear." Shmi said, as the door shot up.
"Thank you, for everything." Padmé said as she walked into the huge, apartment.
It had huge glass windows, white silk drapes tied to cream coloured columns. It had a huge kitchen that looked like creamy clouds, the bedroom was a beautiful sky blue, the windows had silk drapes and the bed was a silk creamy white. Padmé walked over to a door and it revealed the closet. All the clothes Padmé had ever worn were there. Three dresses stood up on mannequins, her royal red dress, from when she was queen. Second was her water dress, and in the middle was her beautiful white wedding dress. She looked at all her clothes, they were beautiful, just as she remembered them. Padmé slowly walked out of the closet and walked over to the living room, she looked around and collapsed on a couch. She looked out the window, suddenly the window changed, it showed Padmé her daughter, Leia. She was in Bail Organa's arms, Padmé smiled. The window switched to her son, Luke, it showed Anakin's step brother and step sister-in-law holding Luke. Padmé wiped a tear away from her eyes and smiled, Obi-Wan had done a good job. Suddenly the window switched, it showed someone Padmé wasn't ready to see. She quickly turned away and wouldn't look at the window. She heard crying, raspy whimpering. She took a deep breath and turned around. She saw a huge window, it was stained with a picture of her. Beneath the window was Padmé's burial. She watched the man in the dark suit place his hands on the case, his cries were loud and painful. She knew who it was, and she didn't know what to do.
"I'm.....sorry....Padmé...." She heard her name in between raspy breaths.
She started to cry, every tear burned on her face. She didn't want to watch anymore, but it continued. He left a single flower, on the case. He slowly lifted his hand and sat on the ground, his shiny black helmet in his hands. Suddenly the window went back to normal.
Padmé took a deep breath and tried to stop crying. She found it hard and she knew that for a long time this is how she would spent her days, wondering where she went wrong. Wondering what she could have done.
Wondering.