Like Mother, Like Daughter

"I thought you said that you loved me!" Thirteen year old Leia yelled at a boy sitting beside her. They sat in the grass of Leia's backyard.
"I do, it's just....!" He said back, slowly standing.
"Liar." Leia yelled and threw a bunch of grapes at him.
The boy stood up and quickly ran away.
"Maybe next time you should think twice about kissing another girl that's not your girlfriend!" Leia yelled, then started to cry.
Padmé's heart ached at the sight of her daughter upset because of love. All Padmé wanted to do was sit beside Leia and hug her. But she couldn't, and it broke her heart. The window went back to showing the bright blue sky. Padmé stood from her couch and decided to talk to Mace Windu. She walked through her doorway and down the hall.
"Senator!" Someone yelled.
"Congratulations on Leia getting top of her class!"
"Thank you." Padmé said back, she didn't know who it was, but everyone watched her children, or anyone who was left. She walked past the main hall, huge beautiful cloud like couches were set up by the windows and people were watching then. Padmé shook her head as she walked by. She continued until she found the Jedi Temple. She knocked on the door and they opened. As she walked in she saw all the past Jedi masters, Qui-Gon Jinn sat beside Mace, so many Jedi Padmé didn't know smiled at her and bowed their head.
"Senator." Mace said, leaning forward in his chair.
"Something wrong?"
"Yes, it's about Luke and Leia." Padmé replied.
Mace nodded.
"I've been told multiple times that Luke is very force sensitive." Padmé explained.
"Yes, he has great potential." Qui-Gon added.
"Yes, I agree. If Master Kenobi finds him and decides to train him, he will be a powerful Jedi." Mace said.
Padmé cringed at the words "Powerful Jedi".
"Shall I have a word with Obi-Wan?" Qui-Gon asked.
"Yes, that's a good idea." Mace said.
"Then I'm off. I'll be back by tomorrow." Qui-Gon said, as he bowed and walked out.
"But my concern is, why isn't Leia portraying these skills, like Luke is?" Padmé asked.
"No need for concern, Leia is very busy with schooling and learning to be a proper princess. Luke doesn't have as many things to do, he helps around the house, giving him more time to connect with the force." Mace explained to her.
"I understand. Thank you for your help. She said, as she curtsied and slowly walked out of the temple.
She didn't really know how to leave the temple properly, but she really didn't need to know.
"Padmé, before I make the journey down to Tattoine. I want to tell you to, take care of Shmi. She might not show it but she isn't very happy these days. Please visit her while I'm gone."
"Of course." Padmé agreed, shaking his hand.
He walked over to a circle with the Jedi sign on it. Padmé watched him slowly drift away, she waved as the last of him drifted away.
Padmé wished she could visit the Galaxy, but only Jedi could appear as force ghosts, most of the time to other Jedi. Padmé walked down past the Padawan hall, then the Jedi Knight and Youngling hall. She stopped to play and talk with the younglings. Padmé walked past the main hall and down the hallway that had a S on the wall. Right across from her apartment was Shmi's. Padmé knocked on the door and it shot up.
"Hello Padmé." Shmi said, drying her hands on a towel.
"Hello." Padmé smiled.
"I came to tell you that Qui-Gon has left for Tattoine, he'll be back by tomorrow he said." Padmé explained.
"Thank you." She said as she grabbed a rag and started to dust her photos.
Padmé looked at the photos on the walls. Every time a new milestone in your life was achieved a photo appeared, capturing it. Padmé had lots on her walls, of being queen, staying as senator, lots of her on Naboo while Obi-Wan found who was trying to kill her, the battle of Geneosis, her wedding, her finding out she was pregnant, sadly, there was a picture of her on Mustafar, her giving birth to her children, and her at her funeral. There was also pictures of her children.
Padmé looked at the picture of Shmi standing beside her nine year old son, after he'd won the pod race. Shmi paused at the picture of her nineteen year old son holding her in his arms, the day she died. Padmé watched Shmi hold back tears, Shmi lifted her hand to her mouth and started to cry.
Padmé walked over to her and hugged her tightly.
"I'm sorry." Shmi said, trying to wipe away her tears.
"Don't be sorry, to cry, is to be human." Padmé said, smiling at her.
"Thank you." Shmi sniffled.
Padmé smiled as she took the rag and finished the dusting.
"I must be going now." Padmé said.
"Thank you, Padmé." Shmi said.
Padmé smiled and left to her own apartment. But there was a surprise outside her door. At least twenty people stood outside her door, squished in the hallway.
"Did you see what Darth Vader did today?" A man asked.
"Does it bother you?" A woman asked.
"Excuse me." Padmé said as she walked through the crowd and opened her door. She watched the faces disappear as the door shot down.
Padmé sighed and shook her head.
Don't people have better things to do than watch him? Padmé thought.
The window slowly faded, showing Leia again. She was sitting on her bed, Bail and his wife talking to her.
"We didn't know when to tell you this Leia, but we think you're ready now." Bail told the girl.
"Leia, for years your mother and I tried and tried to have children, but we couldn't. When one of my very good friends gave birth to a baby girl, I knew your mother and I would love to have the baby. Leia, that baby girl, was you." He explained.
"I'm - I'm adopted?" Leia asked.
"Yes, my dear, you are." Bail's wife said.
"Whose my birth mother and father?" Leia asked.
"Oh, sweetie we can't tell you. It would put you in grave danger."
"Oh." Leia said, sounding sad.
"Leia, you're mother was a beautiful, kind woman. You're father was very brave and a good man." Bail told Leia.
The window faded back to the starry sky. Padmé wiped tears away, then she stood and walked to her bedroom.