Things Change

Padmé heard the light chime that something had been left on her doormat. She slowly stood and took a long breath, then she walked to the door. As it shot up, it revealed three flowers, the same ones left on her burial. Padmé quickly picked them up and turned back  to her apartment. She examined each one, like he had said, they hadn't died nor shrivelled. Padmé pulled out a vase and filled it with water. She set the flowers on a table by her balcony. It was getting on to dusk and she still hasn't spoken to anyone. She knew that she couldn't go on not talking to him, no matter what, he was a good person now.....and she loved him.
{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}
Anakin looked around at his apartment, it was huge. The Jedi rooms where tiny, only with a bed and desk. He looked out the huge window, it portrayed the setting sun perfectly. He walked over to a door and pulled it open, revealing a huge closet. All the clothes he'd ever worn were in it. And on two mannequins where two very recognizable outfits. On the left was the shiny coal black suit, the helmet and cape were attached. On the other, his Jedi robes, the same as he was wearing, where there. His dark cloak and boots as well. Anakin didn't like the sight of that stupid suit, so he slammed the door shut.
He paced back and forth, he wanted to talk to her so bad, but what was he to say? She knew everything he'd ever done, and she knew the whole time that he had children. He turned and noticed moving pictures on the wall. From when he was a baby to when he died in his son's arms. But one caught his eye, he was still a padawan to Obi-Wan, he stood in a chariot beside her. She spoke, then he spoke, then they kissed. He remembered that day, everyday he'd used to think about it. Anakin shook his head and walked into the bedroom, it was huge coma pieced to his one back at the Jedi temple. He slowly slid his layers of robes off and changed into his night ware. Anakin flipped the sheets up and climbed into the massive bed, he leaned his head on the soft pillows. Looking out at the stars reminded him about his days when he'd think about Padmé, and his old life. He closed his eyes and slowly, fell asleep, for the first time in a decade, Anakin was going to sleep.
{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}
Padmé grabbed her blue cloak and slipped it over her blue shirt and skirt. She pulled the hood very low on her face, almost hiding it. As she walked out of her room she examined the hallway. Padmé quickly walked through the main hall and through the Jedi temple, where she noticed a huge meeting behind the closed doors. Padmé continued to walk and walked outside to the market. She needed more food to cook with and had to walk far along the road for it. As she walked she watched children run and play, finally she came up to a shop that smelled delicious.
"Ah, Senator, what can get you?" The shop owner asked.
"Just the usual." She replied quietly.
"Ah, doing lots of cooking?" He looked like he wanted to say more but stopped himself.
He quickly gather fruits, vegetables, spices and meats together in a huge bag.
"Enjoy." He said, smiling.
Padmé adjusted her hood and smiled back. As she turned around horror stuck on her face. He was rounding the corner and Padmé had no where to go. She quickly ran behind the shop beside.
"Can I help you?" Said a woman, putting her hands on her hips.
"Ah, just taking a breather...." Padmé replied.
"Awe honey, is it an ex husband or something like that?" She asked, not knowing who Padmé was.
"Something like that..." Padmé mumbled.
Suddenly the lady's attention switched to someone walking by.
"Is that him? Oh honey, why are you hiding?" She asked, not knowing who he was either.
"Um is he gone?" Padmé asked.
"Mmhm." The lady said.
"Wait, I know you. You're that Senator from Naboo, you married a Jedi?" She said.
"Yes that's me..." Padmé whispered.
"I see....well hope you get home safe and sound..." She whispered back and turned away.
Padmé quickly walked out from behind of the shop and didn't look back at him. She continued to walk all the way to her apartment.
{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}
Anakin watched the girl quickly walk down the road and inside, he knew who it was, but didn't go after her. Instead he smiled at a shop owner and bought some food for himself. Then he walked into the temple and talked to everyone that stopped him. Lots of children would ask him about killing the Sith and what it was like to wear a huge suit. They admired him, even through all the horrible things he'd done, they liked him.
"Anakin." Obi-Wan called from across the temple, he was talking to a couple younglings and padawans.
Anakin walked over to them and smiled. The children started to whisper about him, he caught the words "Skywalker" "Hero" "Good" "Married" "Twins".
"Hello." He said.
"Hello Master Skywalker." They all replied, except, of course, Obi-Wan.
"How are you here so far?" He asked the young man.
"Never better, master." He replied, smiling.
"Anakin, a word?" The two Jedi slowly moved away from the group.
"What's troubling you? You looked worried." Obi-Wan asked.
"I'm adjusting to seeing everyone again. I'm adjusting to when I look in the mirror I see a young man, not a shiny black mask. The sound of my voice is still even a little weird." Anakin replied.
Obi-Wan smiled and laughed a little.
"What?" Anakin replied, smiling.
"Nothing....you just haven't changed, Anakin. You're the boy I taught, the little blonde boy." He said, sounding wounded.
"And you're still the same caring master I had." Anakin said.
"I must go before this food goes..."
"Right, I'll see you later." Obi-Wan said smiling.
"Of course, master."