Ch.7-Strong (Part 2)

Alison's POV

Emily has been in that surgery room for 6 hours now. I'm tired but I promised her that I'd be here when she wakes up and I'm not going back on that promise.

Pam went to go grab a bite to eat with Remy while I decided to stay back. I heard Doctor Chambers' voice while he was coming from down the hall.

"Hello, again. You might be wondering what's taking so long in that room", he said to me.

I smiled lazily because of how tired I was and replied, "Correct."

He gave me a side smile and said, "Well it seems as though Emily has two fractured bones in her right leg while we only seen one in the x-ray. This might take longer than expected. You sure you don't want to go home and get some rest?"

"No I'm ok. I need to be here. Thanks", I said as he walked back toward the direction he came.

Could this day get any worse, I thought to myself. I see something or rather, someone blonde out the corner of my eye. I turn around and see Sara walking my way.

"How long have you been here?" She asks taking a seat next to me.

"A while", was all I responded. I really didn't feel like talking or maybe I just didn't want to talk to her specifically.

"Oh. So she fractured a bone in her leg?" Sara asked obviously trying to make conversation. I do appreciate her effort, but not her attendance.

Trying not to be rude I say, "Yea I was just told that she actually fractured two."

"That's awful. Hey, you look really tired", she said like it wasn't the most obvious thing in the world.

"I've been here for a while like I said. But I need to be here when she wakes up. She made me promise", I tell her, not that it was any of her business.

Sara scrunched her face confused and said, "Why you?"

Why me. Did she really just ask why me. It was like she read my mind and said, "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean for it to come out sounding so rude."

"Well it did", I said with bitterness in my tone.

"I'm sorry", she said to me once again but I cut o her off.

"And if you must know, she wants me here because I'm the only person who's been here for her besides her mom", I say angrily.

"I've been here", she says.

I grow angrier and say, "Yea you have. You and the other girls have been here. But you're never here. Get what I'm saying? Today, I've been here since 11am and where have you been? At least you're here right? I'm out even sure if the girls don't show up because they think I'm here."

"I don't blame them", Sara says to me but continues before I could react, "Ok you have been here. But that was yesterday and today. I've been here for her for 3 years when you haven't. You didn't warn her about you leaving. That left her heartbroken and you know it. I don't even think you can admit that you're wrong about that."

Standing up I say, "Oh I can admit that. Because I am wrong. What I did was wrong. You don't know anything about me or Emily. Yea you've known her for 3 years but that doesn't compare to a lifetime of friendship."

"You know, what I heard about you is right. I've never had a chance to say it to you but you are such a bitch", she said now standing up as well.