Ch.26- A Woman's Scorn

"Hey Em

"Hey Em. What are you getting so fancy for? Hot date?" Hanna asked as she, Aria, and Spencer walked into Emily's apartment.

  The brown haired girl stuttered out nervously, "What? Why would you think I have a date? Ali and I are only on a break."

  "Woah relax. It was only a joke", Hanna said holding her hands up in defense.

  "Right of course", Emily replied with a nervous smile. "I knew that."

  "What's going on with you?" Aria asked as they all studied their best friend suspiciously.

  "Promise you won't say anything to Ali", Emily begged.

  "It depends on how serious it is", Spencer told her while exchanging glances with the girls.

  Emily sighed before saying, "I ran into Paige today."

  Hanna's eyes poked out of her head. "I thought she was in Cali."

  "Yeah well she's not anymore. She asked if we could go for a drink tonight to catch up", Emily said making air quotes with her fingers.

  "Catch up is code for sex Emily. I thought you'd know that by now", Hanna told her rolling her eyes.

  "Paige isn't like that. I think she really wants to just sit and talk", Emily shrugged.

  Aria raised an eyebrow, "Does she know about you and Ali?"

  The brunette nodded her head.

  Hanna spoke with her hands. "Trust me..she doesn't want to just sit and talk. She wants to get even."

  "Don't be ridiculous Han. I'm sure it's not like that", Spencer said in support of Emily.

  "Okay. Have fun on your date", Hanna shrugged.

Emily rolled her eyes. "It is not a date."

  "Alright", Hanna said unconvinced.

  "What? You don't believe me?" Emily asked in disbelief.

  Hanna sighed. "It's not that I don't believe you. I believe that your mind is so innocent and you don't think it's a date. But Paige most likely does. And so do I. But because she thinks it's a date."

  "Hanna", Aria said stopping the girl's rambling.

  "Drinks? You don't go out for drinks with an ex unless you're trying to get back into the swing of things", Hanna told them from experience.