Ch.25- Exes and Ohs

Emily was currently sitting in Hanna's living room with a cup of coffee in her hands

     Emily was currently sitting in Hanna's living room with a cup of coffee in her hands. Though she couldn't drink or eat anything. It's been two days since the fallout with Alison and she hasn't spoken or heard from her since.

  "I just wanted her to understand that I wasn't doing this to be mean", Emily stressed. 

  Hanna took a seat across from her best friend. "Well you have to understand where Ali's coming from too. This is her first real relationship. And she really loves you. I get why she'd take it so hard."

  "I really love her too. But I needed space. I don't get how you and Caleb do this", The brunette sighed.

  "What? Live together?" Hanna asked.

  "Yeah", Emily shrugged. "I mean it's like everyday you see each other and I'm sure you guys get at least a little tired of each other."

  Hanna giggled a bit as she nodded her head. "Trust me we do. But that's why we make sure we go out and do our own thing some of the time. Then later on we come home to each other and it's the same everyday. But I get why you need your space. The sleep terrors. I don't know what you're going through but I can tell it's been difficult."

  "Yeah. And It doesn't help that I haven't slept in two days", Emily mentioned as she rubbed her eyes tiredly.

  Hanna wore a look of concern for her best friend. "At all?" She asked.

  Emily shook her head.

  "Jesus Em. I hear sleep deprivation is one of the main causes", Hanna mentioned.

  "They are. But I just don't know how to fall alseep. It's like whenever I get ready for bed I just lie awake. The bed seems so empty and cold", Emily told her all while blushing.

  "Aww you're missing your human teddy bear. That's so cute", Hanna cooed with a toothy smile.

  Emily rolled her eyes but smiled nonetheless. "I'm serious Han."

  "I am too. No matter how much you think you need space from Ali, the truth is...you need her now more than ever", Hanna told her. When Emily didn't respond, the blonde rolled her eyes. "Gosh you're so stubborn. Just send her a text. Better yet, call her."

  "Yeah that's not going to happen. I'm going to head down to The Brew. I'll talk to you later, thanks for the coffee", Emily told her while getting up and heading toward the door.

  "You didn't even finish it", Hanna called out.

  "I saved it for you", Emily said.

  "Oh well that's very thoughtful of y-wait a minute I already had my own."

  "Later Han", Emily yelled out before shutting the door.

  +

  Emily made it to The Brew 20 minutes later. After she parked her car, she stepped out and made sure to lock it. Once she turned around, she bumped into someone sending them both to the ground.