Chapter 2

(Danny's POV)

After my little rambling was over, Scarlet got the letter and shut the door. I was trying to plan when would be a suitable time to get married and start a family. I remember asking her one of the days before if she wanted to do it in the summer or in autumn.

Does she want it to be a church or beach theme? Oh god... she's going to finally meet my crazy family... Mom is going to be excited to see her. I can already foresee the pictures upon pictures that will be taken... Ugh... Feels like high school prom again... Uncle Ben is going to talk her till she goes deaf. Oh crap, and what about aunty Zhu Li and her husband (Hehe, Go Avatar!) plus her damn cats... She won't come unless I invite her cats along too. Dammit...

Scarlet...?

Unfortunately whatever I was debating fell on deaf ears when I didn't get a reply. I turn around only to find the sheer horror on her face. It was as if she had seen a ghost. Instinctively I quickly engulf her in a hug. I didn't squeeze her too tight, just enough to give her reassurance. I may have thought wrong because then she started trembling and tearing up. Her legs started buckling underneath her and together we fell down to the floor with her grabbing fist full on to my T-Shirt. I didn't want to say anything because I know all she needs right now is just to let it all out and I don't think my words would do much right now.

Almost an hour later, I could see her calming down, her lips aren't trembling as much. Her eyes are just red and puffy, I just want to kiss the remaining tears away but I knew better so I continued to hold her. Minutes later, I could hear her heartbeat slowing down.

Hmm... She must have fallen asleep. As I was going to carry her, I saw the envelope. It slipped my mind.

So this must the bane as to why my baby suddenly broke down. I leaned over her body carefully so I wouldn't wake her and picked up the white envelope, and flipped it to see what caused all this.

The letter was written in a neatly hand cursive writing. Once I saw it was from who and where the letter came from. The pieces started to fit. Everything made sense now. This was sent from her parents...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey readers,

So this is like my first time writing a book so it may be a bit slow, but in trying my best. Please be patient with me. Enjoy

Nicole