chapter 4

(Scarlet's POV)

I wake up to find a pair of strong arms around me. I chuckled. The bed starts to move. Opps shouldn't have done that oh well.

"Hmm... Good morning baby" Danny replies with his eyes close. "Mornin love" As I gave him a light peck on the nose. He opens his eyes and grins evilly at me. "Uh-oh" I thought, an evil smirk like that always never ends well for me.

As I was about to jump out of bed but he captured me into a bear hug and we ended rolling until he was on top of me with my arms and legs spread out and locked under his grip. I feint innocence "What's for breakfast?".

He still has that god damn evil grin on his pretty face which I'm going to wipe off soon. He lowers his face close to me, as his breath fans at my ear it sends a good kind of shiver down my spine.

"You" he whispers sensually. My face instantly flushes as red as a tomato and my body was on fire.

I was dumb struck and with my mind completely useless to me at the moment I was left saying the most attractive thing ever. "Uh.... Um... Ah..". I hate how something as small as this and he is able to such an effect on me. He lifts his head back and guffaws.

UGH the nerve of this boy! Ugh! Such an asshole! But... He's my asshole and I love him! "You're an ass you know that Danny" I grumble while getting up and playfully pouncing on him. "Ha ha ha but you see my love, I'm your ass." he winks at me causing me to blush again. "Stop doing that!" I said. "But why? I love making you blush, I think it's a great colour on your face." he says while giving me that million dollar smile. I roll my eyes at me and that earn me a chuckled from the idiot "Come on Romeo let's have a 'proper' breakfast". "Aww... You always ruin my fun!" whined Danny.

At the kitchen

"Breakfast is served" I handed Danny his bacon and eggs while I ate my French toast. "Oh.... Man... This is so good..." moaned Danny. I burst out laughing, he always does that every time I make his favorite. It's like he's having a food orgasm. He such a goof ball. He makes me laugh I love him so much.

As we finish our breakfast I take his plate and clean it. "Scar I'm leaving now I'll see you at 5pm later. Oh and do dress in something nice I have a special surprise for you" he says then as quick as he said it, he was out of the house shutting the door before I can ask any questions. I start to shake my head smiling.

Once I was done with the cleaning, I was about to head up to my room to continue my writing. I made a few story books which became a big hit. I got quite a large number of fans and allot of praises for my book. As I was about to head up, I saw a letter on the counter.

Then as if a ton of bricks had just hit me in the head. The letter, my family, Blake. Shit...

I slowly move to the counter and grab the envelope. I reread the name and address in case I was wrong but no such luck, it was from my parents. I can already feel myself starting the break down and panic.

I went to sit on the couch. As I took a shaky breath and slowly opened the envelope. There is was... The damn letter.

Dear Scarlet,

We missed you so much, we found your address from the books you written we're so proud of you. We read all your books and it was beautifully written. Mummy and Daddy loves and misses you so much. We may not know why you left but we know you will tell us when you're ready. Your brother John he misses you like crazy.

Sweetie you're brother he's getting married. He's fiancé is a very beautiful and a pleasant woman. If you had seen her then I can bet you both would have been best of friends. My I forgot to mention her name. Silly me. Anyways her name is Susan. She was from another neighbouring pack and by luck you're bother bumped into her and the next thing you know they've been together ever since.

We're so very proud of you dear. You're very brave to take on the world and now, you're a successful writer. We love you so much remember that. We hope you could come and visit us, it's been too long. We want to see our baby girl and have long talks about what you been up to. Have you found your mate yet? Your brother really hopes you can come for his wedding. The wedding is in a week's time. Everything is set, we just hope you show. Please.

Love,

Mum, Dad, John, Susan

As I finish reading, I didn't realise that I had teared up. I let out a long sigh and place the paper beside me. I do miss them very much. Yes I would love to come back and visit them, to meet his fiancé, to witness my brothers weeding, to talk to my parents about everything... but... it's HIM... I don't think I can face him again after what he did to me. I don't think I can keep myself from breaking down like a maniac again. It took me 1 year with the help of Danny to get me back up on my feet and sort of running again. If I see him, I don't know if I'm able to pick up the pieces of my heart again even with the help of Danny. I need time to think. I need to discuss with Danny on this.

I can feel that ache slowly seeping back into me. Like a bloody parasite leeching on to me. No... Go away bad thoughts. I can't deal with this right now. I need to prepare for tonight. I can and I will deal with the letter later. Danny comes first.

4.55pm

Lipstick check, foundations check, breath doesn't stink check, purse check, phone check, perfume check.

5 minutes to 5 he's going to take me somewhere... Hmm... I wonder what it could be. I'm wearing a violet dress, sleeveless, low cut just enough to show a little cleavage and the dress ends just a little below the knees. Matching to my dress is the 4 inch violet heels.

*Ding Dong*

I hear the doorbell rings and as I open it, there stood Danny in a nice black tux. His hair was combed back making him look very sleek and not to mention sexy.

"Here I got this for you and wow... you look absolutely breath taking" he said. He surprises me as he gives me a bouquet of red roses that was recently hiding behind his back. "Aww he's so sweet." I thought. "Thank you for the flowers, you look dashing yourself" I said. I took the flower from him, found an empty vase filled it with water and placed the roses in it. As I stepp outside and lock the door of our home. Danny brought up his arm and with an air of confidence "Ready to have a wonderful time Juliet?". I intertwine my arm in his and look him in the eyes "Ready Romeo" and with that we kick off the beginning of our evening as he leads me into the car.