Chapter 9

Her uneasiness was rising rapidly as they approached the pack land. To her home...  she was fidgeting in her seat. "clam down babe. Everything will be alright" Danny tried to reassure her. The taxi stopped in front of her parent's house. The man turned around to them "that'll be $45 please." Danny fished out his wallet and  handed the man his money. They got out and grab their belongings and headed for the door bell.

"you ready?" he asked Scarlet. " ya..." she replied. He rang the door bell and took a step back. " coming!" said a woman voice. The door swung open revealing a woman in her 50s. It was Scarlet's mother. "yes, can I help yo..." her mother dint finish her sentence. She stared at them, eyes and mouth wide open ,thinking she might be going crazy seeing her daughter standing in front of her. She kept blinking.  "oh my god... Scar.. Scarlet... is... is that yo... you?" Scarlet's mother ask timidly as if, if she were to speak too loud they might vanish. slowly moving towards her daughter, she brought her hands up to touch Scarlet's face. "hey mom... ya its... its really me..." Scarlet replied with tears coming down. Her mother then started crying too. they pulled each other into a long embrace while tears soaking in each other's shirts.  Danny stood there silently, busy observing the two. He dint want to ruin their moment. Minutes later they pulled apart. "Scarlet... I don't even where to start..." said her mother wiping her own tears away. "how bout you let us in." Scarlet gave a small smile. " oh yes, yes, please... wait. Us?" her mother asked confused. *cough* Danny covered his mouth. She looked to where the sound came from and did a small jump. "oh! Im so sorry. I dint see you there. Im Scarlet's mom, Clarissa Rees but you can call me Clarissa." Clarissa brought out her hand for Danny. "nice to meet you Mam, im Danny. Scarlet's fiancé" he took Clarissa hand and shook it. "oh what a gentleman. Nice work Scarlet, nowadays there isn't many gentleman around anymore." said Clarissa. Scarlet blushed at her mother's comment. " but you don't have to call me mam, it makes me feel old. Just call me Clarissa." she said. "okay ma... I mean Clarissa" said Danny. "okay let's get in shall we."

Scarlet's mother brought them to the living room to sit at the couch. "Kayle come down here now! We have guests!" Clarissa shouted. "hold on im on my way" a male voice shouted back. You could hear footsteps coming down the staircase closer to the living room. As he emerged from behind the wall,  there stood her father. "who are the..." as Scarlet's father looked up to see who the guests were he stood there stunned while breathing in a sharply. "holy sh..." he dint get to finish because Clarissa interrupted him. " there will be no cussing in this house Kayle" she said in a serious tone. Scarlet stood up. Kayle stood a few feet away from Scarlet staring at her in disbelief and mouth wide open. "Scarlet..." he whispered. "hi daddy. Its been a long time." Scarlet said softly and stared at the floor as if it were the most interesting thing at that moment.

 Kayle full their gap and now stood in front of her. Danny quickly stood up staring at the man to see if he would hit his fiancé but relaxed instantly to what he saw. Her father gave Scarlet a big bear hug, squeezing her but not too tight to injure her. Scarlet froze when he hugged her but instantly relaxed and hugged him back with the same force as he did. They slowly released their hold. Kayle gripped both of Scarlet's shoulders "I missed you Scarlet... we missed you. Its so good to see you again" he gave her a small smile.

 With that they moved to the couches, Scarlet sat with Danny while her parents sat opposite of them. Nobody said anything for a few minutes not because they dint know what to say but where to start. Scarlet broke the silence by saying "I know I have a lot of explaining to do and I got no escape from it". " we love you dear, we might not know why you ran but we know you have a reason for doing it. You don't have to say anything if your not ready. We understand" her mother said. Scarlet shook her head sideways while trying to hold back the tears. Danny scooted near to her and did a side hug while rubbing her back to give her reassurance. " no... I... i want to explain now..." she said. They both nodded their head for her to continue. " 3 years ago I found my mate... but.. But he rejected me..." she started. Her parents were confused now. " but dear isn't your mate with you now, he's right beside you... so how could he reject you" she said. Scarlet shook her head again " no mom he's my fiancé" scarlet looked to Danny to for a sign to tell them, Danny nodded his head that its ok. "Danny was also rejected by his mate like me, it happened on the same day. We meet each other in a café, from there we grew closer." Scarlet told them everything from the beginning, the rejection, her wolf suddenly going awal from the rejection and still is, how they cope, what they work as and up to the proposal.

Her parents were giving multiple emotions at that moment happiness, sadness, anger and hatred. The anger and hatred was because of their mates rejecting them and because of that causing their little girl to run. Kayle stood up trembling in rage, his hands curled to tight fist. His knuckles going white. Eyes were pitched black, he was fighting with his wolf for control. "that bastard! He hurt our daughter! Must kill!" Scarlet's farther boomed, but it came out in dual voices. His wolf and him were speaking together. After hearing this., Scarlet immediately stood up and when to her father. Her mother stood up too. They both approached him and griped his hands. His heavy breathing soon turned shallow and his eyes were starting to return to normal. "its ok daddy, just clam down. Its in the past now. If you kill him nothing will change". "but at least he gets a part of your pain." he said back. Scarlet shook her head "it doesn't matter". "not yet at least" she thought that last part to herself. "ok dear, it you say so. But im keeping my eyes on the buffoon" he stated. Scarlet nods her head in agreement. With that said, they let go of Kayle's hand and returned to their seats.

 "hunny we're sorry to hear about your wolf. Danny thank you for sticking with our baby. We will always be grateful for what you did." Clarissa said. They thanked him because when Scarlet's wolf went silent he told her he wont shift until her wolf comes back. It's a big sacrifice and he did it for her. They talked a while more.

 " oh Danny, come, I'll show you to the room where you and Scarlet will be staying in, you can unpack there." Danny followed Clarissa to the room they'll be staying at.

While Scarlet waits for them to return, her father speaks up " so.. Um.. Scarlet... you said Danny proposed to you am I right?" he asked. " uh.. Ya he did. He planed it all." Scarlet said with a smile on her face while remembering his proposal. "then what about your so called mate? Blake... he's gonna find out. He ain'tgonna just sit around and do nothing you know... who knows what he'll do." he gave a sad look to her. He hated being the bearer of bad news but if Blake finds out that she's here, he's going to do everything to get her back. But this time he knows what's happening to her daughter so he'll be there to protect her from that moron of a mate.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

enjoy

sorry for late post i was busy with college.  vote

The Writer's Heartbreak ( completed)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें