chapter 18

“hush it!” “look she’s waking up.” “move back a bit will ya.” there were whispers. “ugh…” Scarlet groaned. She tried to open her eyes but they just wont budge. With effort she manages to open them but squints. She brings her hand up to block the light. “too bright” she manages to say.

The sound of footsteps shuffling around and there was a click. The lights were off. As her eyes adjust to the darkness. Scarlet slowly pushes herself up. She sees two images in front of her. “ woa take it easy… you just woke up. Don’t want to get dizzy now do we?” a woman says while holding her shoulders to prevent her from falling.

“wh… w-h… wa… water…” Scarlet coughs. “water. Ok hold on. Johnny get her water now.” the woman says.  “Johnny? As in John? John Rees? My brother.” Scarlet tries to think. “here you go. Drink.” she instructed. Scarlet took the glass from her and quickly gulped down every single drop. She was really thirsty. The woman took the glass from her and placed it on the table. The lights were turned back on.

As her eyes adjust she sees the woman clearly now. Scarlet takes in her features. She had blond shoulder length hair, blue eyes, and a heart shape face. She wasn’t very tall about 5’5. the man behind her looked a bit like Scarlet. He had short brown hair, brown eyes and a sharp jawline. He looked about 6’0. “Susan give her some air.” he said and it clicked! She remember her parents saying that John’s fiancé name is Susan. That means that mans her brother and his soon to be wife.

With this realization. There was a small tug upwards tug at her lips. John gave a confused look. “hey john..Its been a long time.” Scarlet said. John and Susan were at this point really confused. “ uhm… hey? Uh.. i don’t want to sound mean or anything but… Do I know you? You look familiar, have I seen you anywhere?” he said. Scarlet smile dropped a little. “its Scarlet…” she said. John just stood there. His brain was processing was Scarlet had said. When his brain finally connected the dots. He rushed towards Scarlet and engulfed her into a bear hug. He hugged her with all his heart but not too hard because she’s still recovering.

“what? When? Why? Oh my goodness. Huh? Scarlet you have a LOT of explaining to do.” he said while releasing her from the hug but still holding her arms. “I know John. I should have told you then but I was too ashamed.” she whispered. John’s eyes that were looking at her soften when he heard what she said. “ its okay… I understand. What’s important now is that your back.” he said. John let goes of her arms and moves back to Susan. “look we’ll talk later you just woke up. Your friend is doing fine now. He was in quite  bad conditions but the doctor managed to patch him up. He still sleeping and you should too.” he says. “get well soon Scarlet” said Susan nervously, she herself dint know what to say or do at a situation like this. Scarlet nods her head. She lays back down on the pillow and closes her eyes.

The light was switched off. The sounds of footsteps and the door closing shut could be heard. With a long sigh and exhaustion slowly kicking in. the next thing she know, she was consumed into darkness…

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry i know its short.

to tell you guys the truth, my story is spontaneous. there is no story plot. what ever i think i jus type. so im kinda stuck. still thinking how to turn all this abduction to john's weeding. hahaha

not sure when next post is coming. i got homework. :c