chapter 27- part 1

*weeding day*

“SLAP!”

John cupped his cheek. It was tuning red, you could see the Kayle’s handprint clearly on John’s face. “thanks I needed that.” John blew out an exasperated breath. “good now just breath and relax” Kayle instructed. John took a large amount of air and slowly exhaled.

*a few minutes ago*

“oh my god, oh my god, oh my god.” John was panicking. his body was shacking, we was sweating all over. The fat lumps of sweat rolling off his forehead, dropping and staining his tux. “I cant do this… im not good enough for her. What if I trip walking up the aisle? What if-” John’s rambling was interrupted by his dad’s voice.

“son are you ready yet? You got about another 25 minutes.” Kayle poked his head in but what he saw was his panicking son. His eyes grew wide and Kayle step into the room. “what’s wrong boy?” Kayle asked worriedly. “its not-nothing dad. Im fine” John stammered. He was still shacking slightly but stopped when his dad placed his hands on his son’s shoulder. with a firm squeeze and a stern look John gave in. “ughhh… dad im not sure about this. What if I mess up? What if im not good enough for her. She deserves the best.”

His father’s gaze immediately softens. “its ok son. You wont mess up. You’re her mate and she loves you very dearly. Everyone makes mistakes boy, its how you deal with it. You will be a great mate to her. So stop taking nonsense about your not good enough for her.” his dad reassured him. John still dint look convince. “you’ll be a great father and mate to her that I can asure you.” his dad continued. John faces his father “dad what about Scarlet? Im so scared I might hurt Susan the same way.” he solemnly said.

Realization hits him, Kayle now knows. His afraid that he might hurt her like what Blake did to Scarlet. Kayle gripped his son’s both shoulders and looked him in the eye. He said “you are not like Blake. You wont do anything stupid like he did. I know you wont, you a smart kid John. And even if you did, I’ll personally rip your balls out.” Kayle chuckled at that last statement and so did John. It may be funny but John knows his dad is not kidding. With that Kayle gave his son a small smile.

“Come on. Let’s go get you cleaned up again and smelling fresh. Don’t want your wife cringing at the stink” Kayle joked.

*the church*

“okay I can do this …” John was chanting to himself. He started sweating again. His clothing was getting soaked. He quickly wipe his forehead with his sleeve. His father and Danny were standing beside him. Scarlet, Clarissa and Susan’s mother Joanne were standing opposite from them. The priest stood in the middle. “you can do this, just stay clam” Kayle whispered into John’s ear.

The music started to play. They are the song the weeding march.

As big wooden double doors slowly opens. Susan and her father Michael emerges. Her arm was hooked over her fathers while the other hand was holding the bouquet of flowers. Michael was wearing a black tux and Susan was wearing a white dress. Sleeveless, the back of the dress falls to the floor. The veil covered her face. she looked amazing. The moment John laid eyes on her, his eyes budge wide and his mouth instantly flew open. Any wider and it would hit the floor. Kayle saw his son’s shocked expression and guffawed while patting John’s shoulder. “you do just fine” he said to him. Scarlet turn to face John with a warm smile. His mother gave him the thumbs up.

As Susan and her father in hand slowly walked down the aisle, nearing the front family members, friends and relatives were cheering and throwing rose petals. Blake and his family where there too. They were happy for the lad.

Upon reaching the front, John stood in front of them. “may I?” he asked Michael. He nodded and release his hold fro his daughter. John brought out his hand and Susan gladly took it. They stood in front of the priest and the music died down so with the rest of the cheering. Susan turned to face John and shown a loving smile and John vice versa.

The priest started “dearly beloved we are gathered here today…”

“John Rees, do you take John Susan Ann Lee to be your wife? Do you promise to be true to her in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, to love her and honor her all the days of your life?” said the priest. “…” John dint say anything. He was daydreaming. “john. John! Oi” Scarlet hissed at him. Scarlet took her broach and threw it at him. When it hit him, he quickly snapped out of it. “who? Huh? What?” he looked around. “oh ya. Sorry… I do.” he said while looking at Susan. “I do. I do!”. People started laughing at the scene. With that he fitted the ring on her finger.

The priest turn and face Susan “Susan Ann Lee, do you take John Rees to be your husband? Do you promise to be true to him in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, to love him and honor him all the days of your life?”. Still looking at John, she said “I do” and place the ring on to his finger. “and in the power invested in me I now pronounce you husband and wife.”. Everyone stood up and clap and cheer.

“you may now kiss the bride” he said. John took hold of Susan back and pull her to him. He brought his lips down on to hers and they passionately kissed. Scarlet, Clarissa and  Joanne where throwing flower petal to them. As they broke apart, they gaze into each other’s eyes. “I love you John” said Susan. John cupped her cheeks in his palms and replied “I love you too Susan” and they kissed again.

As they entered the car, they two stuck out their heads and waved goodbye. Scarlet wave and shouted “ will see you two love birds for dinner!”. people started laughing at that statement. “yaya we know!” John shouted back. As the car slowly drove off the curb and headed to their new home.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

enjoy

dedicated to mystic1975 for motivating me to write and for awesome comments

vote tq