chapter 24

(Danny’s pov)

“how you feeling?” I asked. John groaned in my arms. “like shit” he stated flatly. “I see.” I replied. I was carrying him to the medical room, but the problem was… I have no idea where im going, im really lost. The house was huge! I may be walking around in circles and not realizing it. “uh… John where is the med room?” I asked. “so you were just carrying me around the house for seven minutes and you decide to ask me now” he said with a smile on his face. I would have scratch my the back of my neck but both my hands were occupied at the moment. “uhh… ya.” I said. he was shaking his head at me. “go down the hall until you reach the end and take a left turn. The medical room is behind the red door.” he instructed.

Following his directions, we finally made it. “and were here” I joked. “pfft. No thanks to me.” he joked back. I knocked on the door using my foot. We could here the sound of footsteps and the clicking of the door. The door opens and standing in front of the entrance was non other than my mate…

(just joking  XD )

The door opens and standing in front of the entrance was a man. He looked to be in his forties but he may be older than that. He had a beard and he was wearing glasses. Why is he wearing glasses? “how can I- John? What happened?” he asked. He quickly moved to the side to let us in. I saw the bed so I moved and placed him there. “ugh…” he groaned. Dr… uh… I don’t know his name yet stood at the other side of John. “what happen to him?” he asked. “he got into a fight with the alpha.” I said. as I was telling the doctor what I knew, he was busy  checking his breathing, pulses and any attained injuries.  Once I finish telling him, he too have finish. “well there’s no internal bleeding or fractures. He’ll be fine, he’s just sore. Just him rest here for a few hours and he’ll be up and running again.” he said. I gave out a relief breath.

“try not to piss of the alpha again…” the doctor said to John and patting his shoulder. the doctor faced me and brought his hand to me. “Doctor Quack. Doctor ZillienQuack. Yes I know what your going to say.” he said. I bit my lip to stop myself from laughing but it failed miserably. I broke out laughing. “ yaya laugh all you want” he said. I force myself to stop laughing. God that was rude of me. “im so sorry, its just that-” I got interrupted “my name suites my work” he finishes for me. “ya I get that a lot.” he said. “I really sorry for laughing. Doctor… Quack” I struggle to say while holding in another laugh. “ its alright.” he replied. He turned back to look at John to see he has already fallen asleep.

“let’s go outside so he can rest” he said. I nodded and we left the room quietly. As I close the door gently and turn to face Doctor Quack. “look im sorry about just now. Can we start over?” I said. “okay” he brought up his hand for me to shake it again. This time I took it. As we did the hand shaking gesture he started “im doctor Zillien Quack, nice to meet you mr…”. I continued for him “Danny Walker, its good to meet you too.”

“are you a new member? Cuz I never seen your face around here before.” he asked. “not exactly a new member, we just came here to visit my fiancé's brother’s weeding.” I replied. His face scrunched up, he was trying to think weeding. His bulb finally lit up and his eyes grew wide in realization. “you mean John’s weeding. But… john’s sister is Scarlet… you’re her fiancé?” he said in astonishment. I nodded to confirm his question. “no way, I thought Blake was her mate. Shit I dint mean to offend in anyway it’s just tha-” I cut him off. “no its fine, Blake was her mate, now she’s my soon to be wife” I said grinning broadly. “ well then, congratulations.” he said. “thanks” I replied. “so where’s Scarlet? I want to congratulate her personally.” He asked. He look left and right to see if Scarlet was standing near but she’s not here. The last I saw her, she was in Blake’s office.

“I can bring you to her” I offered. “nah.. i don’t want to disturb you if you have somewhere to go now.” he said. “no its fine, im actually going to see her now.” I said honestly. “okay. Thanks”.

“no problem”

Again I got loss in the huge maze and end up having Doctor Quack showing us the way to Blake’s office. As we got near the door and I was about to grip the door handle. I stopped. I could hear muffled cries and voices coming from behind the door. I turn to face doctor Quack and his face displayed worry. I turned the office door’s handle and the door swung open.

My heart stung slightly at the site I was seeing. Scarlet was hugging Blake while sobbing and he to was doing vice versa. I felt a bit sad and jealous because he was hugging my fiancé! I cleared my throat. It startled them and with that, they slowly broke apart. Blake brought his hands to his sides, his face was stained with his tears. Scarlet was wiping hers away. Her face looks broken and sad, something big must have happened here. I’ve not seen Scarlet cried, or looked this down for about three years now. My jealousy quickly turned to guilt. Here I am getting jealous over something as simple as this while my fiancé was busy shedding tears. My face softens and I quickly move towards her. I embraced her in a hug. She turns to face me and hugs me back tightly. She squashes her face onto my chest. My shirt was getting wet from her tears but I dint care about that. My baby is hurting and she needs comfort. I don’t say a word and just hold her while she continues sobbing. Blake just stood rooted at that same spot but he was looking at us. His eyes were shinning with raw emotions. Alphas never show their feelings, it would give them off as weak. I guess he dint care about that right now. I know he would do anything and I mean anything just to get Scarlet back. If it means losing his alpha’s tittle to have her, he would gladly chuck it to the ground right now. Im not going to lose her without a fight.

 He doesn't deserve her. He’s done nothing but hurt her, just like he’s doing right now. But… even with all the shit he has put her through, he is still her mate. The mating bond will eventually work its magic and she will forgive him. I love her so so much… I want to see her happy… even if it means losing the best thing that has ever happen to me to that asshole I would gladly give it up. Its not fair, why does he get to have a happy ending and I cant? Life’s never fair. I would sacrifice my own love for you to be happy, that’s how much I love you Scarlet. You know the saying ‘it you live it let it go’.

 When I look back at the door to see if Doctor Quack was still there but he was gone. Im guessing he left to give us some space. I’ll have thank him later for that. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

enjoy

vote tq