• 9 •

Camila

"Camz...? Camzi...?" I hear a husky voice whisper.

"Hmm?" I hum in response, slowly opening my tired eyes to be greeted by Lauren's green eyes and a light smile that makes my heart skip a beat.

"Hey sleepy." She giggles, brushing a strand of hair away from my eyes.

"Hi." A small giggle escapes my lips due to the fact that hers in infectious.

"It's almost 1pm and you've been asleep for almost an hour so I thought I'd wake you. How're you feeling?" She asks a bit nervously and that's when everything floods back.

The memory of Austin getting inside and trying to hurt me. Then Lauren walking in and grabbing him off me before yelling at him and punching him in the face.

"Thank you, Lauren." I blurt out as I sit up and wrap my arms around her neck.

She's taken back at first by my sudden movement, but she doesn't hesitate to wrap her arms around my back and hold me close. My stomach flutters like crazy when I feel her pull me closer to her and I wish I could stay like this forever. I've made her arms my home and it makes me mad that I did because i know they can't be.

"Of course, Camila." Her voice is quiet and we stay like this for a few moments.

As if out if no where, I remember the words that came out of Austin's mouth while Lauren had him head locked. Every good feeling goes away and the fluttering in my stomach turns into a sick feeling. I suddenly feel angry at myself, a deep hatred for feeling this way for Lauren because i know I shouldn't. I know it's wrong.

I swallow hard and blink quickly a few times to push back the tears that had made their way to my eyes before letting go of Lauren. When I pull away, I notice her eyes quickly open. She obviously had them shut while I was in her arms. It doesn't mean anything, I remind myself, pushing away all my thoughts and pretending I didn't even notice because i know she wouldn't have wanted me to notice.

"Are you okay?" She asks sounding a little concerned.

"I'm fine." I lie, nodding my head once. "Why?"

Instead of answering, she reaches out and places her soft hand on my cheek. She gently brushes her thumb under my eye, wiping away something.

"You're crying." She says simply yet her voice is filled with sadness. "What's wrong, Camz?" She asks, moving her hand away.

If she didn't reach out and brush away the tear that slipped out, I wouldn't have even noticed that it was there. I bite my tongue, not wanting to tell her what's bothering me or even say anything in general. Another wave of sadness hits me just looking at her and I blink a few times before speaking.

"I um... I'll be right back. I have to pee." I dodge the question before quickly crawling over her and hopping off of my bed, speed walking to the bathroom before she can stop me or ask any questions.

I close the door behind me and twist the lock before sliding down it and landing on the floor. Pulling my knees to my chest, I wrap my arms tightly around my legs to keep them tucked up against me before resting my chin on my knee caps. I inhale and exhale deeply for a minute, trying keeping myself calm as I continue to blink eyes to push back the tears.

As much as I want to cry over Austin and the things he said, I also want to cry over Lauren and I don't understand why.

I guess maybe it's the pain. The pain of loving her so damn much and knowing she won't love me back. Knowing I love her so much that I would die for her, but it wouldn't be vice versa.