• 24 •

Guys be sure to read the A/N on this chapter. It's extremely important, trust me.

-

Camila

My eyes are burning and my cheeks are sticky with tears. I can't stop my feet from pacing in circles around my room.

Lauren's home. She's home, she's home, she's home! I have to tell her. She's going to hate me. I'm going to lose her forever.

"Karla Camila Cabello! Get your cuban ass down here, now!" Dinah's voice rips through my thoughts.

My breath hitches in my throat and my heart beat picks up as her words register through my head. She wants me downstairs.

Did she say something to Lauren? Did she tell her? Did she break her promise? Probably.

Slowly, I make my way to my door and reach out with a shaky hand to turn the knob open. I feel sick to my stomach as I leave the room and walk in the direction of the stairs.

What am I doing? Why am I listening? Dinah said something, I know it. Lauren's going to hate me! She's going to leave me! I'm going to lose her! I'm -

The yelling in my head is cut short when I'm half way down the stairs and my eyes land on Lauren. She's curled up on the floor shaking, sobbing, and gasping for air. My stomach twists at the sight and I swear my heart cracked into a million pieces at the sight.

My baby.

I immediately rush down the rest of the stairs and drop down to the floor in front of her, taking Normani's place.

"L-Lauren?" I push her name out and grab her hand, feeling tears rolling down my face but for a completely different reason now.

Her eyes open at the sound of my voice and more tears flow down my cheeks when her vulnerable green eyes meet mine. Her eyes flutter down to look at our hands for a moment but I draw her attention back up to me.

"Look at me, baby." I whisper and her head lifts back up to see me. "Breathe easy, darling."

I let one her hands go so I can bring a hand up to caress her face gently. We hold strong eye contact and it feels like it's just the two of us in the room. I can tell her breathing is slowly coming back to normal and I feel myself become a little more calm knowing that she's calming down.

"That's it, baby girl." I smile softly. "You're safe, everything's going to be okay." I whisper before letting go of her other hand and crawling into her lap.

My arms wrap around her neck lovingly and my face finds it's place in the crook of her neck, nuzzling against her. A short moment passes before Lauren wraps her arms around my back tightly, holding me as close as possible. It's like she's scared that I might slip away.

I can feel her inhaling the scent of my shampoo and it feels so amazing to be so close to her. It feels like home.

But the tears are starting to fall from my eyes again and my heart begins racing just as I realize I'm soon going to lose this feeling, lose her.

"Camzi?" She whispers, breaking the silence.

"Hm?" I hum into the crook of her neck, unable to make myself respond with actual words.

There's a long pause before she speaks again. "I'm sorry."

Her voice cracks with the words and my heart breaks when I feel her tears on the back of my neck. She shouldn't be apologizing.

"I'm so sorry." She whimpers out another apology and her grip on me tightens even more.

That's when I can't take it anymore. She needs to know. I nod my head a little before mumbling out a weak "Lo?"