Across the Black Lake

Aria's POV
We were loading into the boats when a deep, burly voice rang through the air! "That hair! I know that color hair anywhere! Potter! Your a Potter!" I turned around and Hagrid was wadding through the sea of students coming straight at me. I blushed deeply and scrambled onto the boat, knocking over a girl and boy who were leaning in for a kiss. The girl, was a short brunette girl who looked like a first year and the boy was a blonde boy...... the boy...... was Lorcan..... As realization hit me, he was a player... "Lorcan.... what are you... I thought... we..." As I started understanding more and more I lost it. I broke into tears and ran to some other boat. Before the boat was out of sight, i heard Lorcan shout my name, but i kept on running. That was the last I saw of Lorcan... I hope.

Lorcan's POV
I had been walking onto a boat when I noticed a brunette girl leaning over the edge looking for something, I tapped her shoulder and she turned and looked and my quizzically. "Um, hello, what are you looking for?" I asked curiously. She giggled and turned back around, over her shoulder she said, "The giant squid silly!" Shocked I scoffed and plopped my butt down on the bench of the boat. "I know, I know you don't believe me, but there truly is a giant squid who lives in the depths of these waters! My daddy told my brother and I! And he knows everything because he's a professor here! He's the professor of Herbology." She said standing up and brushing her hands on her robes. "That makes your dad, Professor Longbottom! My mom used to be a close friend of his! Wait.. that makes your brother Gregory Longbottom!" I said that last part angrily as rage began to creep it's way into my voice. "Yes sir! And my name is Penelope Longbottom! Wait a second.... Did my brother do something? He's can be a real jerk sometimes! Like when we were little, he locked me in the closet for an hour because I took his stash of peppermint mice that Uncle Harry had gotten him for Christmas! What did he do to you?" Penelope questioned. "Well, he took the prettiest girl, who I have ever mets heart from me. God, I wish I could have the chance to tell her her how much in love her! Can I practice on you? Thanks a billion Penelope! By the way, my name is Lorcan Scamander!" glanced at Penelope, smiled and slid my hand behind her head and leaned in. "What.. Are you doing??" whispered Penelope shocked. "Shh.. it's ok Aria, we both want this, I just wanted to say, I'm sorry for telling you to stay away from Gregory.. I was jealous and this is how I want to say sorry." And with that I shut my eyes and leaned in to kiss Aria... Well really it was Penelope. Before my lips touched Penelope's, we were knocked over by a girl with midnight black hair. Glancing up I noticed it was....her."Aria, wait don't go! It's not what it looks like!" I yelled to her disappearing back. But... it was too late, she was gone... for good....

Aria's POV
Sitting on a boat, staring into the dark, dark waters of the Black Lake was certainly not the way to start my first year at Hogwarts. All of my emotions, were flooding through me and I just wanted to.... Wait! I can't do this. Im done. I am going to make friends and going to enjoy Hogwarts, just like I should. A loud booming voice vibrated through the air, "Alright! All students into a boat! Im sure no o' you want to be left behind! Again, all students into a boat!" Suddenly my boat tipped sideways as a girl with purple streaks and a boy with sandy blonde hair hopped in. Trying to be inconspicuous, I moved all the way to the corner trying to blend in with the dark surroundings. Unfortunately, the girl with black and purple hair noticed me and decided to strike up a conversation. "Hiya! My name is Sabine Inkton! Im from a Pureblood family and I like spiders and death! Anyway, I need to get into Slytherin because my older brother, Dex, got into Slytherin and he's already done with school, and my parents-" "Sabine! Your blathering! I don't think this girl wants to hear all of this! By the way, my name is Matthew Skeeter, Rita Skeeter's son. Anyway, lets get going." said the sandy haired boy. Just as he said that, our boat suddenly began to float across to land, otherwise known as Hogwarts, where I would begin a brand new chapter of my life."