The Sorting Hat

Aria's POV
We had finally made it across the lake and grouped back together. Sabine had talked the entire boat ride over and I actually really liked her. She was sweet, funny and very outgoing. Matthew, I noticed, had stayed quiet most of the ride but he stared at me the entire time. God, he was very attractive. Anyway!!! The anticipation was thick as Hagrid lined all of us up again, this time alphabetically and we marched on in through the massive doors that creaked when they opened. When we finally were inside, we had to go through another set of large doors. Those doors however, led to the Great Hall, where hundreds of students were sitting, watching the doors.... Well actually.. watching US!

Mystery Person's POV
The first years had filed in ever so feebly, as if they were scared of us eating them. One by one they relaxed and took in their surroundings. Some looked up at the ceiling that was magically enhanced to mimicking the weather outside. Tonight, the ceiling was filled with clouds and the occasional lightning cracked across it. Others looked at the teacher's table and the rest, surveyed the tables. They all seemed like the typical group of newbies that arrived every year.... Well except one girl. She had ink black hair and a pained expression on her face. Despite the pained look, she was beautiful.... Her hair complimented her ice blue eyes and she was just gorgeous.... Anyway, there was an audible gasp from the entire mob of first years as Professor. McGonagall wheeled out the infamous Sorting Hat. For years, that hat has been brought out and placed upon students head to decide what house they shall be put in, for years, that hat has never made the wrong choice. Clearing its non-existent throat, the hat began its song

"You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart
Their daring, nerve and chivalry
Set Gryffindor's apart;
You might belong in Hufflepuff
Where they are just and loyal
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true
And unafraid of toil
Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw
If you've a ready mind
Where those of wit and learning
Will always find their kind
Or perhaps in Slytherin
You'll make your real friends
Those cunning folks use any means
To achieve their means."

After pausing to catch its breath the hat bowed its top and awaited the applause. Which, just like every year before, he received. With a final sigh, the first kid was called up and so the sorting began.

Aria's POV
The Sorting Hat had been shouting out house names for what seemed like hours! I had only listened to my friends to see what house they made it in. However Sabine was the only one to be called yet. When Sabine had been called she skipped up to the stool and plopped her robe clad butt on and smiled. Silence fell over the crowd as each house anticipated gaining a new member. Finally the hat shouted out the word Hufflepuff. The Hufflepuff table exploded with clapping and cheering. I looked up to Sabine to see her face, expecting to see her awestruck and angry. Instead she was smiling and skipped right over to the table and took a seat. Hm, she wasn't even upset. Coming back to reality, I heard my name.

"Miss. Potter! I have said your name 5 times! Please, do not be like your father! Now get up her!" shouted the gray haired professor who was calling names.

Embarrassed and blushing I scurried up to the stool and sat down as the hat was place upon my head.

"Hmm.... Clever like a Ravenclaw.... Loyal like a Hufflepuff..... Sly like a Slytherin.... but very very brave like a Gryffindor.... A hard decision." said the hat in a gravely voice. "SLY---GRYFFINDOR!"

And with that, the Gryffindor table exploded with cheering and whopping and whistling. I carefully walked over and was greeted by high fives and pats on the backs. I took a seat and continued to watch the sorting. They reached 'S' and my heart stopped as Matthew was declared a Slytherin, Lysander a Gryffindor and Lorcan... a Ravenclaw.... Thank my lucky stars I didn't have to worry about bumping into him in the common room. Well, I guess the fates must really like me right now because I forgot to mention, Gregory was pronounced a brave Gryffindor! Lucky me.... Here goes the beginning if a long long long year.....

HI GUYS!! I FINALLY UPDATED AGAIN! IM UP TO 217 VIEWS AND I OWE IT ALL TO YOU GUYS!!! I HOPE YOU LIKE WHAT I'VE BEEN UP TO SO FAR AND DON'T FORGET TO CHECK OUT MY LATEST STORY, IT'S CALLED DISNEY ACADEMY! ANYWAY, KEEP ON COMMENTING AND VOTING MY LITTLE COCO MUFFINS!