3

Carmen

I examine myself in the mirror, I think I look pretty nice. I have on small black shorts, a matching black and red corset, and eight inch high heel boots. My hair falls down my shoulders in curls. I apply cherry lip gloss to my lips and add some grey eyeshadow to my lids. The corset shows a good bit of my my cleavage and these shorts are doing my ass justice. I put in ruby chandelier earrings and gave myself another look in the mirror. All this sexiness should be a federal crime, damn! I grab my trench coat on the way out. I spent the whole day reading up on The Palace and some of their DOs and DON'Ts. I get in my car and started the ignition.

I pull up the the docks. I notice a few other cars parked. Somebody had a Ferrari parked. Nice clean car too. I get out of my car and head to the river where a Ferris was waiting. People are forming a line to get on. I hurry to follow them and put on my masquerade mask. Once we are all on the Ferris starts to move outward. Besides me there is about eleven other people on here. I get a few stares from both men and women. A woman approaches me. She has on a silk nightgown, black kitten heels, and her hair is in a low ponytail. "You must be new, I've never seen you around here.",she said. "Yes this is my first time. I got an invitation, so here I am.", I answered politely. Her eyes grew wide. "You must be the one he sent for.", she said in amazement. I raise an eyebrow. "Excuse me? What are you talking about?", not I'm worried. "I've said too much already.", she said backing away. The invitation said hostess so I would presume that a woman is running this place. Someone sent for me? The girl whispers to a few people. Gasps are heard from them as they stare at me. The next thing I know they all bowed at my feet! Exactly what's going on here? Now I'm getting the feeling that a specific somebody wanted me here.

After the Ferris, which took close to thirty minutes, we got off on an empty lot. I see s house up in the far hills so I guess that's the palace. Now how do they expect me to get up there? I hear horses in the distance. I turn and see four horses dragging along a carriage. You have got to be kidding me. It pulls up right to me, and the door opens. A fine ass man is sitting in there. Tall, caramel, a tattoo of a cross on his chest. "Did you get my invitation? ", he asked, "I'm here aren't I? ", I said. There is something about him that seems so familiar. My pull to him is so natural. As if we already know each other. He holds his hand out. "Join me.", he says. His voice sends ripples of ecstasy through my body. Who is this man? I take his hand and step onto the step before getting into the carriage.

Amari

This is my sixth shot and I don't even care. Can't get kicked out, this is my club. I've owned HEAT for about two years now. Business couldn't be better. I always mingle with the people attending my club as a sign of gratitude. Besides this one I own one in Las Vegas, and two in NYC. I've been talking to a few people about going international. Or rather they're trying to talk me into it. Besides the clubs I own a spa known as Serenity. So money has never been an issue for me.

"Should I call Daniel Ms. Amari? ", Blake, my bartender asks. I start laughing. "Have you ever been with a black girl Blake? I mean all the black women you see everyday I know you have to be curious.", I laugh. I start to just go on and on about nothing until I feel a hand on my shoulder. "Baby come on and let me take you home.", Daniel said. I cupped his face. "I knew you would miss me. Where did you come from? Are you mad at me?", My words come out slurred. He picks me up over his shoulder and carries me out of the club. I'm so dizzy, everything seems to be moving so fast.

Daniel holds my hair as I empty out all the alcohol from my system. That's six shots of Hennessey down the toilet, that could've been some money. After I wipe my mouth and brush my teeth I feel sober. Daniel cuts the shower on. "Let me get you clean baby.", he says. I walk over to him and let him strip me out of my clothes. I let the warm water come down on my face and relax me while Daniel holds me up.